Did you know...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Geressen, May 16, 2014.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Here in the Netherlands One of the most common species of butterfly has had a population drop of 97% compared to previous years.

Two theories, both related to our local effects of global climate change;

1, because of the early start of spring and summer /growth season the gras is longer than it should be wich means the temperature at the bottom of the gras is colder. Killing the caterpillars.

(the early growth has also significantly diminished the ammount of cherries on my cherry tree because the april cold period killed the flowers)

2, because of the longer summers last years caterpillars did not get ready to hibernate but instead advanced to butterflies and were promptly killed off by autumn.

So... Anyone want to get on this climate change business and PLEASE punch any conservative (hah) ****bag? Come on :'(

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Also I enjoy watching people failing to grasp that they are standing on a discontinued tram station, only very briefly thoug 'cause the tram gets a go ahead light and takes me across the crossing and unward to the unknown/ next stop.

3. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

well perhaps they are just waiting to move onto station platform 1 and 3/4?

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

a tram station is more like a long bus stop than a train station.

5. sassquatch

only to our muggle eyes lol

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

No, i know for a fact that that is just not where the portals are.

Also you wrote "lol" think about that for a second. :p

7. sassquatch

hahahahahaha...... wait i dont get it

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Did someone say peppers? Texas is great for growing peppers. I've grown over 50 types. I also dry and smoke them. In my fathers land I've also built a smokehouse (strategically ventilate shed) and for 15 years I've smoked all kinds of stuff from venison, homemade sausages, beef, Antelope, elk, pork, turkeys (wild), chickens with some alligator once and even a rattkesnake which was interesting.

9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

how do you fit any of that stuff into a pipe

Baskitkase and Geressen like this.
  10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I don't think it's peppers he is growing and smoking.

11. sassquatch

man i went to a smoke house/ jerky hut specialty store in south carolina on my honeymoon last year. had some smoked aligator, bison, antelope (cuz my boss is from ghana and it turned into a great joke) and all kinds of stuff and im now on their mailing list program and get stuff shipped to me all the time. it was my fav part of the honeymoon not counting the cabin where we had all the sex lol.

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Yeah its p great. It took about 5 years for my smokehouse to season since I don't use it as often. I've got fairly large standing orders and people coming around asking during Thanksgiving and Christmas.

One of my faves is a smoked bologna. A thick slice of that, both sides in a skillet briefly, with some tomatoes from the garden. So many yums.

sassquatch likes this.
  13. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

you forgot the hitchkikers

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I just throw them into the septic tank. That bacteria eats about as fast as a passel of hogs.

15. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

You should at least eat their legs though. Most hitchhikers have extremely tender thigh meat as a result of wandering the open roads looking for a ride. Best part is, if you're picking one up in the summer time, you don't even have to cook it much due to the hot sun doing a lot of the work for you. I find a light slathering of steak sauce enriches the flavor of hitchhiker meat, but you have to be careful to choose carefully, as some hitchhikers wind up with nasty parasites as a result of their nomadic lifestyle. Be sure to clean and gut them properly.

16. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Eh

Do you really find murder and cannibalism that funny?

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Lean maybe, but not tender.

Booza put on his srs face.

18. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

free range hitchhiker is better but you do need to marinate it in whiskey for a couple days before you 'harvest' to kill the bacteria.

19. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I just think talking about murder like that is pretty disgusting. And then there's the whole Texas thing that makes it almost believable ...

20. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

#shotsfired