DoT and Stuff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ifem21, Dec 7, 2015.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Why do we need to add additional effects to make the game more complex unnecessarily ? Wouldn't it make more sense to just remove the poisoned and scoured effects entirely ? Or change it so the poisoned and scoured effects only hit with melee ? Honestly it would be simpler to just remove the bonus effects those two add and just move on.

2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

because they add a layer of strategy and the secondary effects are pretty simple to understand. secondary effects also make them more fun and interesting.

3. super71

I disagree with it making them more fun and interesting, the secondary effects add a layer of depth that is just pointless.

4. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Acid would weaken armor in the fantasy sense...and poison would weaken the champion. So -1 def and -1 damage makes a lot of sense to me

5. super71

It makes sense obviously but it just seems like something that could be done away with and wouldn't be a big deal.

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

i think poison and disease should be able to affect shrines and relics.

7. super71

Then they would need a cost increase back to what they costed before and that really doesn't make any sense, disease and poison damaging a build or an inanimate object is just dumb.

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

dont think about it that way, chilled and shock also wouldnt affect many inanimate objects in real life but do so in fantasy.(same with charred, many of these relics arent even flammable) Gameplay wise, itd be better if disease and poison could attack shrine and relics. Also in real life disease(bacteria/micro-organisms) could probably kill some of these relics, lol.

9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

im confused. is this a nerf disease thread or a buff other stuff thread?

10. super71

Don't think about it in a logical way you mean ? How would chilled not affect buildings ? It would be worse if disease and poison could attack shrines, might make those bgs more viable but would make the attacks, and dots cost more. Real life bacteria would not kill any of these relics except maybe meat pies lol. I could go into a long list of reasons why involving biology and other science nonsense but you would hate me at the end.

11. super71

Neither he just want's other dots to have effects, and i disagree personally i think the poison effects and scoured effects could be dealt away with.

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Both.

Anima26 likes this.
  13. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Ok bloodied on tend is a solid idea. As noted the frikin' dot damage is making them unsteady anyway so the overlap more the. Makes up for it.

I'm more for adding flavor.

Anima26 likes this.
  14. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

My intention was to make the people discuss if the cost of all DoTs are balanced and fair for what they do.
    My personal option is:
    -Rend need to cost a little less than others, cause physical is really common and easily negated these days.
    -Poison be -1DMG debuff, without cost change cause it doesn't affect relics/shrines (same for Disease);
    -Acid need a little cost increase, cause it ALSO have an debuff clause AND affects Shrines and Relics;
    -Make some DoT for Magic?

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

bloodied does nothing for non blood/demon runes, so adding that would be pretty stupid. It is funny to me every time somebody post something ridiculous like this, which is often. that is why i type lol. most if not everyone has mental problems or else the world wouldnt be as horrible as it is but no that is not why i type lol so often, it is more habit than anything.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

stealth was already nerfed to oblivion and anti stealth buffed. Also dot already does a good job of countering stealth so adding bloodied would be overkill.

17. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Distraction was considered the sonic "dot" until its strategic use was considered too strong for just SP and now it's more of a practical debuff.

That said there are champions that deal damage in unexpected ways through psychic and magic and elemental ways and giving those damage types dots like "magic rend with fancy name and -5 HP while it's on" would be pretty fun but lazy.

I ashtrays though

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

maybe give distract to charred as its secondary effect. chilled and rend need something too. I would also like to see poison and disease changed to be able to attack relics and shrines. There isnt a logical reason why these attack types cant and others can.

dot on ranged units should be more expensive than they are currently or nerfed.

19. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Are you high?

Anima26 and poinl like this.
  20. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

What if rend stacked? (In a practical way that doesn't act as two dots) Mini deep wounds. Adjusted to not be OP.
    Chilled could go away slower/do bonus dmg if frozen or on snow/ice.