Fleeting Happiness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chris0024, Feb 2, 2016.

1. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

There are a couple of issues I want to bring up this thread that I'm sure have been brought up before, which says something, but i'll address again here. Split battlegroups will the first point I touch on and that is because they pose such a problem, in my opinion, to the game. Yes, they allow players to be creative and make diverse battlegroups with unique interactions. More often than not though these said interactions are of course too strong and eventually nerfed. This is immediately followed by player backlash for destroying their battlegroups and all kinds of doomsaying. Also, the champions that are nerfed are now weaker in full faction battlegroups which affects the players who prefer to play them. Why is this allowed to continue? It makes no sense to me to allow splits to be played in ranked when they will surely be nerfed if the interaction is too strong, and you have to admit that is usually the case. i'm not saying all players, but a good chunk explicitly make splits in order to abuse some kind of combo that will give them a huge, insurmountable advantage in a game. I don't blame them, i applaud them for their innovation but the battlegroup they use will only last for a bit so why do it? Another example are Ipox battlegroups, we all know how those end up and therein lies the issue i have with splits. They have too many abusable interactions which have a negative impact in the long run on the game because of how it affects the full faction players. I honestly wish I could think of a way where splits could be allowed, but I think it is best for Pox to not allow splits in ranked anymore. It would promote faction identity, should be easier to design runes because you would not have to worry about so many unforseen interactions that you know players will exploit somehow, less of a learning curve for new players, provide a more balanced game, and finally, cut down on some bugs which I know the devs would love as well. That's my 2 cents. I really do like splits but they bring more bad than good now unfortunately.

2. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

It just looks like a wall of white text though... makes my eyes hurt :(

I made it through! Huzzah!

I'd like to see a rule that only allows certain faction splits. This could work with the storyline and could help to control broken things, as the devs could design around the allowed splits.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  3. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Your English is fine, it's just your formatting (setting up your text, spacing etc.) is terrible so it's hard to read. If you make a single empty line between text chunks with important points, it will be much better.

There are some grammatical mistakes here and there, but it's definitely readable and you get your point across clearly most of the time. The language you use is somewhat diverse as well, so it's a good read once you get past the formatting issue.

Tweek516 likes this.
  4. chris0024

*takes notes :oops:

5. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Meh, nothing new here that doubtofbuddha hasn't already rambled about.

6. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

I do like the idea of splits not being in ranked. Not because of a balance reason, but a lore reason.

7. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I contest the idea that I rambled, good sir.

DarkJello likes this.
  8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I wouldn't classify it as rambling. More incredibly repetitious speeches.

9. doubtofbuddha

That is more accurate, yes!

10. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Yes to splits, no to split hate. Yeah, I think that's a nice short way to say it.

badgerale, fattyy2k and Ifem21 like this.
  11. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Buddha "rambles" with the ladies, but NEVER on these forums. Please don't try to impugn his honor ever again. Thanx.

12. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Maljaran races and Split Heroes just dissapear then?

fattyy2k likes this.
  13. doubtofbuddha

Majirian races can exist in two separate FF Forms. Split heroes provide additional hero options for two factions.

14. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

No.... Just, stop.... Leave my Kanen alone.

fattyy2k likes this.
  15. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

Kanen for Shattered Peaks
    Stiched for Forsaken Wastes
    Leoss for K'thir Forest.

16. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Kf isnt even one of the split races of leoss.......

17. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

These same arguments that are being applied to splits apply to any faction in game. We could ban a faction and then there would be fewer nerfs, the game would be less complicated for new players, there would be fewer unforeseen interactions (since there's, yknow, 1/8 less runes), and the devs would have fewer sources of bugs to deal with. But this doesn't mean that banning factions is a good idea.

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

happiness is a myth, it doesn't exist. just pretend to be happy like everyone else. someone give me the new construct.

19. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Thank you for saying this. I keep saying similar stuff, but people just keep on going with the anti-split stuff.

20. chris0024

Yes you could say this about any faction but that's implying that said faction is having the same effect on gameplay as a split. Banning KF or IS (the banes of pox balance) would make many people unhappy and I'm well aware that doing that to splits would do the same for the same reason. The difference in that though is that the amount of interactions between 8 factions is stagerringly much higher than the ones within a faction with only it's own runes.

P.S. I hope people don not believe I have some crazy agenda against splits. I don't. I like them a lot actually, but they seem to be the root of the problem whenever something is broken in POX. I mean, when was the last time Ipox broke the game with a full faction bg?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    DarkJello likes this.