Grimlic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scrijordan, May 19, 2016.

1. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I feel ya, updating old champions to fit newer standards can be a pain. These days, long ranged champions and mobility are fairly common (though not on the same champion too frequently, thank god). At least in Grimlic's case there are a lot of fire-themed abilities to work with that will make selecting new upgrades an easier task.

2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

looks like i was wrong but 36 is probably still too low.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

76 nora for:

14 DMG
    7 SPD
    4-6 RNG
    0 DEF
    49 HP

and 19 nora in abilities.

For comparison, a champion like the Nefari Shockbow is paying 57 nora for:

9 DMG
    6 SPD
    3-5 RNG
    0 DEF
    42 HP

4. Sokolov

Disagree. He's actually pretty streamlined.

5. Scrijordan

Scrijordan I need me some PIE!

i disagree with you sokolov he doesnt bring that much to ud table no more because of his cost and range handcap if he was back where he was 2 -6 then yes but now just dont seem to be worth it really

6. Sokolov

I think it's one thing to say you don't like what he brings for his cost, and another to say he is "way overcosted" for what he brings.

Those are separate issues.

To put it another way.

Cost-wise he isn't out of line for what he does do. Whether or not you LIKE what he does is another matter. I understand that people don't think he "feels" like a Hero or that he doesn't offer anything particularly unique or useful and wanting a different kit, but this is distinct from whether his current kit is overcosted.

You can have an efficient champion that none-the-less offers very little or is unplayable. Likewise, you can have an inefficient champion that offers something valuable.

7. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

No, you really can't.

If a champion is unplayable then he can't possibly be efficient. Likewise, an efficient champion *always* has something to offer. Namely efficiency.

8. Sokolov

I am defining cost efficiency strictly in the sense of "pays less for what it does than normal."

Whether or not that champion is worth playing depends entirely on other contexts.

For example, imagine this champion:

20 DMG
    5 SPD
    1-1 RNG
    1 DEF
    200 HP

No basic attack
    Immobile

For 50 nora - clearly it is efficient, that stat line would normally cost over 100 nora.

But it has Immobile and no basic attack. There are, of course, ways to make use of such a champion in specific builds, but in general, the efficiency in this champ does not translate into a playable champion.

Gnomes likes this.
  9. Sokolov

You can also do stuff like have a champion with both Backlash and Essence Capture and not have it pay for either. It becomes "efficient" because it has 2 abilities it doesn't pay for, but the fact that the champion hurts itself when attacking would mean it'd likely need to have some other features to make it playable.

Numerical efficiency alone is not the sole determinant of playability.

10. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Now go post this on the other 1000 threads you've posted on

Pattn199 and Scrijordan like this.
  11. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

I think it had something to do with Demon Shield becoming viable on the core race of the UD, and, because of Grimlic's Treachery to tell the difference between the elf and the demon elf.

12. devilsrath

devilsrath I need me some PIE!

My treachery deck is super upset that Grimlic lost deception, that's on you Sok.

13. Sokolov

Blame it on the engine! :D

I would fix it if I could, but that's not my area of expertise :(

14. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Give him the option for mirror blade upgrade path bro.

15. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

Qucas, Netherzen and Cinder405 like this.
  16. Cinder405

Bahahahaha yeah that's what I thought when I posted it.

Qucas and OriginalG1 like this.
  17. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Just an idea or two to make him themed to Deep Elf and still be the brother of Mena.
    - more damage, less range than Mena (+2 from UD will give it 15), but same HP.
    - he has devoted elves/demon (pawn), and still keep some of his original heritage against magic (res magic)
    - some fire abilities in U1
    - some elven abilities in U2

STATS
    • DMG: 13
    • SPD: 7
    • RNG: 4-6
    • DEF: 1
    • HP: 44
    • Race: Demon, Elf
    • Class: Wizard
    • Base cost: (do it again)
    BASE ABILITIES ()
    • Hero
    • Attack Fire
    • Resist Magic 3
    • Pawn
    UPGRADE 1
    • Fire Bomb 3
    • Flame Nova 3 or Flameburst
    • Fire Acolyte

UPGRADE 2
    • Boost: Demon Elf (...time to make Deepelf race a thing?)
    • Surge: Demon Elf
    • Commander (again... time to make Deepelf race a thing?)

18. Cinder405

Looks decent but upgrade line 2 need to be changed so that if players wish to play him outside the theme.

19. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

Grimlic is fine, there is no need to change him. He isn't OP, but he isn't weak either. Not every hero needs to be Serkan level.

Osidan likes this.
  20. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

It seems like most of these people giving suggestions dont play ud. Dont make him themed deep elves...that would make him even less used then he currently is. Give him something that helps him survive longer. He costs too much to be killed so easily. A damage boost and or more utility would be nice too. Id also back damage to shrine when summoned to get cost down.....My point is dont just revamp him into something else no one will use...actually make him useful for the nora he costs