IS, like wtf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OriginalG1, Jan 9, 2017.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

no, it's the best bonus and IS is the best faction. people need to stop complaining, the game is working as intended.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think that ya'll are overrating the FS bonus. I'd put it at tier 2. Yeah, you get raw nora, but if you run the numbers against the average number of champ deploys over time, you are getting less total value in exchange for the versatility of the resource. SP is similar, but its returns are slightly higher in exchange for needing to deploy champs.

Here'd be my tier list of the FF faction bonuses:

Tier S: KF
    Tier 1: SL, ST, SP
    Tier 2: UD, IS, FS
    Variable: FW. Swings between S tier and tier 3 depending on the deck.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  3. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

You are an idiot

4. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

not bad,, just a lil tweak from my experience playing the various facs...
    Tier S: KF
    Tier 1: SL, UD, SP
    Tier 2: ST, IS, FS
    Variable: FW.
    sl with their tuff def and regen units can be hard to over come,, I think this is the fac that gives me the most trouble.
    ud bonus,, turning any cheap common junk into a high damage threat...

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Could you provide a more thorough reply to the tier list so that I could hear your reasoning?

6. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Well said, excluding any contest, thats how I'd rate the bonuses: although, KF is top tier, and IS bonus can be OP when it blocks certain spells.

aseryen likes this.
  7. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

All this talk about faction bonuses has me thinking what would happen if they switched them up randomly? Like SP got bonus HP or FS got 60% cooldown reduction or any other combinations that would be fun to have happen for a bit i feel lol

8. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Yeah make IS bonus become useful 1000000% of the time and it will be best.

I'm talking reducing essence drain by -6 HP loss.

I'm talking about fiery ambush doing 8 damage and charred instead of the full 14+amp.

I'm talking about IS having 0 damage taken from the poison cloud of fs.

In talking about true consistent spell Bonita senior whactuar...

Authors note: I don't care. I'm just here cause I get emails when I'm tagged.

9. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

If you are doing 20 damage each to five IS champs rather than killing one, then this may be your problem.

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

FW is by far the best bonus faction and here is my reasoning. The average pox bg has 10 spells +/- 2 and when FW utilizes DMZ it makes the fight a 20 runs vs 30 runes more or less ;) but thank god their themes are somewhat balanced ((PS @PhdNiceGuy skeletons dont apply xD ))

11. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Meh,

T1: "Free Nora" FS, SP
    T2: "Best stat bonuses" KF, UD
    T3: "staying power" IS, ST, FW
    T4: "The worst in terms of raw potential" SL

I'd honestly rather just go back to IS faction bonus being a 50% spell damage reduction. Or maybe make opposing spells (all) cost more (+5 Nora). The flat damage reduction completely negating some things is annoying.

12. Ballballer

Fs->Sp->Kf, (fw is somewhere up here)
    St->Sl
    Ud
    Is->Fw

Note: as kalasle previously said, Fw bonus switches from top tier to bottom tier depending on the deck played

13. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Rage band and taint where both changed because one chosen range champion gaining violent to gain damage was op when combined with regen 3,

but

battle leader granting global damage and hp gain (not even healing just gaining more hp gain to heal to) combine with global +15 hp spell and global 8-12 hp deployment champs that do more healing is fine.

14. OriginalG1

like, can fw get a relic that grants all friendly units vengeful and life drinker then?

15. Ballballer

Battle leader only heals, it doesnt give max hp. But i agree it can get out of hand

16. OriginalG1

the battle leader problem is not limited to IS
    upload_2017-1-11_15-21-56.png
    this little monster is a terrorist, and similarly kf can spam healing at horrific rates as well.

17. OriginalG1

I was misinformed about these topics, and thank you for the corrections

18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Not saying Battle Leader isnt crazy strong because it is but comparing gaining damage from killing a champion to gaining damage from every attack is kinda a stretch.

19. OriginalG1

Yeshhh confirmed.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  20. Ballballer

I mean spot battle leader is stronger than spot violent but okay

Etherielin and OriginalG1 like this.