Lets not be so quick to give up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jeeperz2, Dec 17, 2017.

1. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Even now as I come on I see 10 games the other day there was a scroll bar, people haven't stopped playing this game. I honestly feel like if the client and bugs were fixed with a little bit of advertisement this game could still go somewhere. Also not being able to see when someone chats in global or in guild chats I think is also simple fixes that will help the game, seeing who's in lobby ect.

Eadbusta, Tweek516, Fentum and 7 others like this.
  2. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Being able to click on a spell in combat log to read a description would help too, I miss that a lot.

3. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

I'll probably come back once the client is fixed and the new expansion hits. I haven't given up! :)

Tweek516, Kampel and MaruXV like this.
  4. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

After playing the ps4 version, I sort give kudos to those who made it work on that platform. It actually is really sad that so much work was put into it, and they don't have access to linked accounts. Half measures never work. The reason this game isn't as it could be, is because too many half measures are taken.

5. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

you will be missed

MaruXV likes this.
  6. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

come back at january , big tournament up!

OriginalG1 likes this.
  7. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Same.
    I keep checking the forums several times a day every day tho. after a decade its programmed in my brain.. cant let go

Tweek516, aseryen and MaruXV like this.
  8. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Still love this game. It inspired several short stories for me, and it remains part of my fond memories of high school.

My desire to play any game comes and goes usually for a couple months every year.

9. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I admit, I haven't played a game in ages. I still check the forums every day though, hoping against hope that something will change. I do miss the game sometimes, but with the state it's in now I just can't bring myself to enjoy it.

Tweek516, Baskitkase and jeeperz2 like this.
  10. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

what kind of short stories?

11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

it is not in that much of a bad shape. from january there will be a big tournament with big names like Yobanchi, Spiekey, Markoth etc coming back, it could be a nice opportunity to give it a try ;)

12. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

A variety? I'm not sure how to answer that. The most "complete" one I wrote about 6 years ago, so it's not currently "up to snuff" in terms of what I now require of myself for writing quality. Though most of what I write is based on dreams I have, and I try to just write as much down as fast as possible so I lose as little as possible. I have interesting dreams.

MaruXV likes this.
  13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

@OP your optimism is clouded by bias. It’s fine that you are a fan and want the game to do well, but bugs or no bugs, client fix or no client fix, balance or no balance, the game is simply not sustainable. People have tried very hard to make it work, and each time they’ve failed.

You would need immediate cash influx and no one will invest. The Kickstarter they did back in the day earned $28 and they had to pretend they took it down for some other reason. Advertising doesn’t guarantee success. You are just paying people to tell people about your product. Effectively they put potential customers at the front door, but the business still operates the same. This business has shown to not hold new players and cause existing loyal customers to leave. Advertising could possibly bring people to the game (Steam, PS3), but the game will not keep them.

Reality check.

14. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

I think a large part of the problem is theres no real competitive environment to feast on.
    We have nothing now ,, and even when rank resets, ,what? 3 months to find out who "won". thats all we have .
    ..and even then,, only the vets care,, hell most players dont even know theres a competion goin ,, let alone thinking about winning anything,,,, yet a new player ,, with some skill and luck can walk on and win a dtaft tourney,,, that has staying power,, I promise.
    Until were using blocks rot , drafts etc, nothing will change... I know vets hate this as they enjoy using there staple bgs and the cards they own...I too have tons of cards.. but this is exactly the problem,

a new player has to play for months(learning ,gaining cards) just to be able to beat a known poor player. let alone be competitive. . there will always be a pecking order.
    drafting would help alleviate some of the stress of bg building (still have to know yer stuff in draft!) and more focus on playing with the cute lil chess pieces :)
    resulting in closer matches and hopefully more matches.
    You have to decide,,, do u want to look at yer pretty lil collections and play the same 6 people forever? or do u want to be thrown in crazy situations and work your way out with the cards youve been dealt,, after almost 10 years here,,,, im ready to try the latter.
    I believe a draft or block situation coupled with a monthly league would keep competition fresh and active,,, blocks rotating in and out , everbody waiting for the new release...
    instead,,, the new release comes out, yada yada , pop rises a bit. then drops again.

an actual league or so (not 3 months)
    and a ton of quality of life patches is what id like to see.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  15. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i completely agree with the first part and completely disagree with the second one.

this game SURELY needs an arena/draft/ similar random generated format. Its the best way to keep things fresh for old players, that can find new challenges in testing their abilities not only as bg builders but also as skillfull players, and for new players that playing this can get used to all the different runes without actually having to get them or to see them in ranked matches. So this format would give this game A LOT of life. I see even some older player would come back to play that fromt time to time, because it doesnt need you to keep updated with last patches/meta changes.

On the other hand, this game really doesnt need a rotation. This is not a normal card game irl. There are patches that completely change cards here and there, thats like rotating stuff. And the Pox players are quite passionate and linked to their runes. tell them " hey, for this 3 months you can't play this rune in ranked" and you will lose 10 passionate older player that drop some money on the game each exp release, to get 5 new players that maybe drop some money at the beginning and then you are not sure they will stay. Its 10 years ago games workshop's mistake , they traded a solid gameloving playerbase for more initial money that turned out in everybody buying a box and disappearing.
    also, bg building is one of the best part of this game. Less runes = worst bg building. And, again this is not a card game where you have 1turn wins with combos and similar. You can have 10000 runes and if you keep patched correctly the game can still feel fresh buildable.

so, this game definetively needs an arena/draft mode, but that exists as same time as the ranked ladder with builded bgs from ALL the runes of the game.

16. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

Its also difficult to keep making new cards that are desirable yet dont add to a power creep, I mean who wants to buy the new range champ for there faction if its not even better then the 250 ranged champs they already own,?
    so u gotta pump him up, make the $ale ,, then patch him down later when the complaints come in ...
    as well as all roles being filled 5 x over,
    when playing blocks,, its a bit different ,,, u want that new card,, u need that new card! and yea id prolly buy a few packs until I got it.. as it stands now, new cards are more of a novelty then a necessity.

as I said earlier,, I stopped spending money on pox,,, been here a while ,, and ill spend a min of 100$ when new stuff comes out,,,,
    not cuz Im dying to own the new cards,,, cuz im not,,,, but I believe in pox,, want pox to succeed, , lol its more like a donation then a purchase, ,, and I know other players here do the same..

im done with that,,, I didnt buy anything midterm, and I laugh at the xmas runes. heres why:
    u want my money,,, earn it.
    I think sok is great. and the game is not that bad atm. its def better with sok.
    I guess its just an opinion on which way to go.... for me,,, even if the game ran smothly and all bugs where out,,,, I still wouldnt be as pumped as I use too.
    3 months for a league is crazy.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    MaruXV likes this.
  17. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i understand and respect your opinion and why you don't feel about spending like before for it. nothing wrong with that. i'll try to do my best to keep it going because its not like i'm completely happy with current game state, but i prefer a bugged incomplete pox than no pox at all.

about runes, i think there s still plenty of stuff to explore still in terms of new mechanics and interactions.

bambino likes this.