Patch Preview: Equipment Updates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Sep 27, 2016.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Ah good point I got confused, thanks for the correction.

2. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

can you leave Darkmarsh Blackstaff and target one of the other equipmnent for the boosts like Pestilence

3. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Don't forget bonesplitter maul!

4. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

Dreadeye symbiote... Thank you for the change. Brings me memories using it like a noob not realising why my champ died.

Anima26 likes this.
  5. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

One equip that I've never seen in a game is Wildeye Bracers. Please sok, make it useful somehow. Or not.

aseryen likes this.
  6. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

I like that Shroud of'almara getting divert. But let me tell you I have no shortage of cleanse in IS.

several cleanse equipment choises
    Consecrate the earth
    both spells and ability
    many good champs got it in several forms like cleansing flame, and cot.
    i would much rather see another skill added if possible.
    My choise would be Perseverance

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

i dont recall repurpose ever being anything but 50%?

8. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Hes probably confusing it with Ravish. Ravish used to be a higher percentage right? Oramitrippin?

aseryen likes this.
  9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

nope, but it used to be cast repurpose

10. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Firk knows then.

11. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

goddam next patch is huge

12. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Which brings me to the question, isnt it about time this equip gets tapped a bit? I mean, it was buffed ages ago and it remains the same till this day, giving all these abilities for a really cheap price, 30 nora I believe?
    Did it change? Cause if not, well then, its time.

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

It is 30 and perhaps? I havnt looked to closely at it lately because I just run Soul Reaver for cleanse. HBoV never makes my deck cuts.

14. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Does Soul Reaver still give hidden Defiling Aura?

15. Pedeguerra

At this point we are both aware that you play IS in a very unique and unorthodoxical way, Mark. Heck, you dont run RD. Which doesnt mean anything, because you are still the IS top dog.
    However, I know at least 2 or 3 good IS players that run HBoV. Heck, its spot cleanse and spot anti healing in the same piece.
    Honestly and sincerely, though, do you think its fair priced?

16. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Must have been Ravish then, one of the two mechanics we nerfed just slightly. I had originally put Ravish but thought that was wrong so I edited it and changed it to Repurpose. Point was it was years ago that I last really used Shroud but when I did it served it's purpose.

Cleanse isn't much of an issue for me either as I usually run Grintmaw Shaman with Cleanse, so while there may be an abundant amount of Cleanse in IS they all have their decks to be played in. If cleanse were removed idt I'd notice it all too much but that's also not entirely the point. Some runes should be made to allow for different interactions of the mechanic. Cleanse on Vial and Soul Reaver give completely different utility than Cleanse on Shroud does. Now with Smite Unholy being removed Shroud also becomes a backline equip and will mostly stay out of range from the main units that would be cleansed. Since it doesn't grant spot cleanse and still needs AP to be used Idt it will be deployed over Vial or SoulReaver for the cleanse but rather the spot Resurrect or Divert.

The utiliiity in Shroud wasn't with Cleanse it was with Resurrect and the in your face Smite Unholy gave. Having better cleanse options should not mean that this cleanse option be removed, I've already pointed out that Shroud has been what I looked at to finally use Magic Eater on Grintmaw Shaman which idt the other cleanse options would accomplish as well as Shroud can. So while Cleanse is abundant in IS magic is excessive in KF and that is entirely fine, so long as the ways cleanse and other mechanics is being accessed are different.

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I agree that it does do quite a bit but other than the ability to be dropped for AoE heal and cleanse (Which is greatly valuable I know) the other effects are not very expensive. Going off of Poxbase's outdated prices all the other effects combined is 16 Nora:

Attack: Fire - 2
    Burn 1 - 3
    Inhibiting Touch (If on Paladin) - 3
    Prestige - 8

Because of the Spot nature of equips you expect the granted abilities to be worth less than the cost of the equip so this isnt an argument one way or the other.

One other point to be made, and I may be incorrect here, is that you cant call HBoV "Spot" cleanse because I am pretty sure that all of the "Deployable" equips cannot be dropped the same turn that it is equipped. You need to plan in advance that you will need cleanse and have it equipped so you can later use the cleanse.

I cant say for sure but I recall there being a bug fix for it a while back. It still defiles in an AoE on deploy but I am pretty sure the passive aura was fixed.

Pedeguerra likes this.
  18. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

Dont mess with Holy Blade

aseryen likes this.
  19. Pedeguerra

Sure, if it is broken don't fix it.

upload_2016-9-28_14-11-38.jpeg

20. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

So if it gave Drop Relic to only Paladins, what would be wrong with it then? Would that put it more in line with the other runes of it's design ie. Cleanse and Class Specific.