Patch Preview: Equipment Updates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Don't think so.
    The problem is the amount of abilities it is giving out.
    Not to mention, everything in IS is barbarian/paladin/dwarf. ;)

aseryen likes this.
  2. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Ahh I don't use it much since it's Paladin but I have always liked Drop relic on equips, good to know that's not the issue.

Pedeguerra likes this.
  3. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Then there's Crystal Anima, I actually forgot about it when mentioning Wildeye Bracers.

4. aseryen

I used Wildeye Bracers when Marsh Troll had Bind. Would Bind the unit I placed Bracers on and then with another unit I would equip Goading Mask to antagonize the impatient enemy unit. Goading Mask next to Quagmirrian with Nexus Aura could take on anything, especially with Soulsphere/Blood of the Swamp/Rock Defiance.

5. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Goading Mask is a pretty good equip though. And if you really want to do something like that, you should try Pulsing Globule.

aseryen likes this.
  6. aseryen

Yeah that's a fun rune to play

7. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Thank you, we needed that badly.

Tweek516 likes this.
  8. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

that new shroud of al'mara sounds like a meta equip.

9. free20play

darkmarsh helm change looks like an overall nerf to the equip and it'll probably see less use overall now. only winners from the changes to it are poison decks. i don't think amp disease is even a thing.
    i feel like we just lost one of the few counter runes to magic dmg spam from things like fairies/wizards. i do think the equip needed some love but its current changes seem to take it a completely different road. like we'd be better off just making a new equip that gave amp poison/disease and eater.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  10. aseryen

Any changes to Mail of Barbs?

11. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

You mean darkmarsh blackstaff? I can safely say this rune has never been in my FS bg's. Only use of it I have seen in games is to equip it on a ethreal champion for the sweet immunity magic.

12. free20play

yeah sorry i misnamed the rune.
    the equip is kinda super niche as some magic bg counter.
    i think there's some defile corpse part to it and some other bonuses that are kinda shitty. the only times i see myself using it use is on vaporize/ghost champs or when wizards or some deck that spams magic dmg is popular.
    i really like how its basically a counter rune. i wouldn't mind the changes to it if we were given something to replace its niche, like a simpler version of darkmarsh staff with just immunity magic and none of the other sandbag abilities increasing it cost.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  13. free20play

the tome of arcanis change seems kinda pointless i guess.
    is there even a difference between levitate and grant flight?
    removing expedite for tempo eh.
    i guess its a buff? maybe?
    i kinda liked expedite though. hopefuly we'll see it in future runes more often. its another one of those cool abilities that just happens to be so rare.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. aseryen

Blackstaff will see play with Tortun Bokor and Nora Seep.

Would have been cool if hero equips were specifically to grant Classes and a few select races. I always thought Blackstaff was a perfect rune to be mirrored off Necro Hex, could have played into the fact that one was a spell and the other an equip. Beast seems to be the only other racial off the top of my head that can be somehow attained. Barbarian.Angel.Vampyre.Spirit.Zombie.Plant.Lich.Elemental.Mutant. Wait no that was pretty easy.

Vinetouch Pedestal in equip form...yes please.

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Nope, nope it will not. One rank of amp has literally no effect on a 5 damage ability trigger, and investing in double amp just for that interaction sounds like a terrible, terrible deck.

Anima26 likes this.
  16. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

1-3 was probs there limit on the melee stuff, since there were no 1-4 units. The most diverse range in melee were the 8 diplomats who were the only units in the game with 1-3 range

17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

That's one if the types of things I was cleaning up. Levitate is just the old version of that ability.

18. aseryen

Your'e forgetting of Mystic Atelier being able to spread equips pretty efficiently. Perhaps maybe you won't but I will and that's enough for me to consider a valid post on the forums. Take a look at my Replicate Defiance bg and you'll see how quickly you can stack an equip.

Disease most likely won't be the focus of a FS/FW split rather poison, however since the staff works for both Disease and Poison Darkmarsh Blackstaff will be a valid choice of amp for FS and will in turn increase the value of Tortun Bokor. Perhaps not meta, but you can certainly play it in some training games or even for fun in ranked.

Is Poison Amp not a good bg? Why make an equip for the theme then?

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I'm forgetting nothing; Atelier only works on enemy objects, and if it is duplicating allied equips, then it is neither WAD nor WAI.

Alright, fair -- people usually use the passive phrase "will see play" to mean "will see competitive use" rather than "I and other people 'playing for fun'".

20. aseryen

Amplify applies globally, so equipping your opponent with Darkmarsh Blackstaff, to deny their unit an equip and to globally amp Disease/Poison is worth it. FW has plenty of options for LOL so the fact the equipped enemy has Disease/Poison Eater is irrelevant, especially since FW's access to Soulreave.

DarkMarsh Blackstaff 25 Nora
    Croma Extinguisher 75 nora
    Tortun Bokor 71 nora
    Soulreave 40 nora

Add your Poison/Disease Module as you see fit. As I said, might not be the most meta, but how Skirmisher works it just needs to win...eventually. Not entirely sure how a bg qualifies to be used in Skirmisher but this is all I meant by 'will see play'.