Player Expansion Preview (Wrath Non-Champions)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Trample.

19madfox95 and SPiEkY like this.
  2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Split.

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

chasm walker and trail: rock

SPiEkY, Etherielin, Markoth and 2 others like this.
  4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

This one concerns me a bit because of the sheer bulk of HP that can be put in a font. Restless Souls will be generating HP as well and doesnt cause the unit with the Ability to lose HP anymore. I dont really have an answer to it other than maybe Font Ignorance which may just shoot the relic in the foot so maybe just let it go and keep an eye on it.

This is a nifty little equip. Should be fine as is and will likely see play.

My only real concern with this relic is how much it outclasses Ghern Scarecrow. This may need +5 nora down the line because of how strong the Guarded effect is with Moga. It scales with number of moga nearby and Moga are the best at sheer numbers. I think it should be fine to start at 30 though because of all the anti-relic in play at the moment.

Kind of lackluster at the moment. I would raise the HP by 10.

I would lower cost by 10 and go with Supercharged 2 instead of Violence Charged 1. Seems more like a clock.

Get rid of Stunning and give it Craft. Lower cost to 45?

Seem like a good spot. May not be aggressive enough for pure UD but you will see it in some decks.

Seems good. I am woried that it will become become auto in FF UD because of the spot damage potential with Deep Wounds. May even take the spot of Blade of the Snake. If Deep Wounds ever gets reduced to 25% or flat damage with increased stacks I think it will be fine.

19madfox95 likes this.
  5. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

YES

Etherielin, Markoth and Xirone like this.
  6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Yeah I think this one is a winner too.

7. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

lovin the rolling stone, you know its a good design because it only has ONE ability and noone knows if its too powerful or lackluster

SPiEkY, Tweek516, IronStylus and 4 others like this.
  8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Crushing Charge likely needs a text update to "This UNIT moves 1-5 spaces in a straight line" instead of "This Champion"

9. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Doomsday Clock is scary but it might be fine. It is 50 nora for a delayed effect. The relic only gains charges when the opposing champions attack (basic attacks). The opposing player gets 15 attacks before it can do its mass destruction. The mass destruction hits friendly and opposing champions (some decks like UD Fire Eaters and Tortuns could mitigate friendly damage). I am sure iPox already has something in mind to break it, though.

Edit: I'm sure we'll see it in annoying trick decks but in general SL, I doubt we'll see much of it.

Etherielin and Kampel like this.
  10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Also worth noting that the relic cant gain charges from Sea Song since it isnt a champion.

19madfox95 likes this.
  11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Great comments/discussion here, everyone :) This is exactly what I had hoped for with this process.

Kampel likes this.
  12. Sokolov

This is fun, but I am pretty sure it doesn't work.

13. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

correct, crushing charge will not allow targeting beyond the chasm

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I am crushed.

19madfox95, SPiEkY, Tweek516 and 3 others like this.
  15. Sokolov

I think the overall idea of it being inevitable is much less interesting, tho would probably make it easier to balance.

There is the ability to use the Target Dummy's HP loss ability here so that it loses 2 HP per turn, which could create a "race" condition.

DiCEM0nEY, Kampel and Markoth like this.
  16. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Does Break the Line work with Crushing Charge? The description of Break the Line states: "When this champion charges.....", implying that any charge ability will trigger it, including Crushing Charge. If so, I think it would be hilarious to see, and would fit very well with SP's knockback/chaos flavor.

17. Sokolov

If it doesn't, it'd take a small adjustment to make it work. But given that Curshing Charge already KB2s... this would add another 3 for a total of 5 KB.

18. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

that would be fine. It would basically just become a thing where ur opponent needs to just stall out then. though if thats the case it should have lower HP cause 15 charges through violence charged is not difficult.

19. Sokolov

I don't know about dropping the HP AND giving it the ability since it's already fully in the control of the enemy player when you can trigger it.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  20. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

IS dose have a instant relic gib called Holy Light. Who knows Cavern of Nightmares could be refuted, too. Starting at 1hp, a potato could kill it.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017