Ramdom complain about: Stillwater mutant

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JaceDragon, Oct 3, 2015.

1. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

IMAGIRL and Iskandak like this.
  3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Your opponent has to think about whether or not he wants to attack it, which is just impossible for a FS unit. They gotta fall when looked at sharply, and without a fuss please!

Leadrz, Anima26 and doubtofbuddha like this.
  4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I don't know why the devs haven't realized how overpowering global damage is yet. Does it also really cause a global ensnared 3 and confused 3 to soul tapped units ? I think he might be okay with just the damage but a global ensnared and confused to all units soul tapped seems a bit crazy if that's how it works.

5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

wtf does firk executor even do? is he glitched? does mind meld even work? and why isn't grant evasive/reflexes the same ability? and how the hell is mindcaller 76 nora???

6. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

What are you talking about.

7. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

Basically everything DMr said. Like yeah the global damage is a pain but good god those applied effects are so ridiculous, especially when confused is as buggy as it is.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

From testing, Confused's bug is 100% visual.

The way Confused works is that it adds the ability back to the champion at the same CD that it was at when it was removed (if anyone is seeing otherwise, do let me know).

However, the client doesn't register the CD value for whatever reason.

Either way, it is still serious as the player cannot tell what is going on.

9. DrSteve

Does that not seem entirely counterintuitive to you? Like when a void shielded champ gets confused, it loses all its resistances, and they don't return when the confused condition returns. Yet when an ability gets removed, it doesn't cooldown while it's removed and then comes back with that specific cd? It just seems incredibly asinine in general to me.

10. Sokolov

It doesn't seem counterintuitive to me, no. It seems weirder if CDs are removed by Confused such that if a unit has an ability on CD8 and it is removed, it would come back at CD0.

We have (and have had) this problem in other areas too and it's usually considered a fairly broken interaction such as with Conqueror and the Tortalleon Transport.

11. Sokolov

Now, personally, I'd prefer if Confused could "suppress" abilities so they stay on the champion, but wouldn't trigger or be activated, but still decrement CD, etc. but that's new functionality Pox doesn't have.

Ohmin and IMAGIRL like this.
  12. DrSteve

See that's what I thought should happen and is the only intuitive option of the three above. I completely agree that having it automatically set to 0 is equally if not more counterintuitive. Would there be a way to add a "this champs abilities on CD are reduced by half of confused's duration" clause to the ability?

13. Sokolov

That seems pretty awkward, we'd also have to decide if it rounds up or down too.

While we investigate the fix for Confused itself, I'll ask him if the CDs can be stored and manually decremented by the ability before putting it back on, but this is getting kind of hacky.

14. DrSteve

Is there a source of confused application that starts with an odd number of turns? I was out of the game for a couple years so I'm not really familiar with them all. Either way it's definitely not as awkward as my cooldowns being increased by an ability that makes no mention of it either visually or in text.

15. Sokolov

Hmm... nice idea I think and potentially possible. It does make the effect more complex, but would resolve the issue. It seems like it'd work and SHOULD bypass the current bug.

ANyway, we are investigating several ways to fix it, so I will add this one to list, it seems promising.

16. Sokolov

I don't consider it being increased. I consider it being maintained. In the case of your idea, there are also considerations like if it is Cleansed early, and adding/subtracting CDs can be a problem, as there are some technical edge cases such as CDs going negative that are a problem. There is also condition stacking rules so if you get Confused again then what happens to this CD reduction check, etc. It's messier than it seems on the surface, partly because of how conditions work in Pox.

17. DrSteve

I didn't think cooldown reduction would be so problematic because it already exists on salaman but I spose you know more about it than I do.

18. Sokolov

The problem is actually with your specific wording as well as just how Confused works since it'd basically just be holding onto a bunch of numbers, and the fact that it is a condition with stacking rules.

In the Salaman's case it is very simple, trigger = -1 CD on things that are currently on CD - no holding numbers, no calculations, no "what if it is removed early" considerations.

In this case, if we are trying to calculate how much CD to remove based on the duration of the condition, it is a bit messier.

What might be easier is for the Confused effect to try and manually decrements the CD each turn so that there's a trigger point for when the CD decrements happens, instead of it trying to be calculated.

19. DrSteve

I guess the way it works in my mind is different in practice? Like if the initial duration of the confused application was 6 turns, the effect would be hard coded as a 3 cd reduction. I didn't think that it would bea huge problem because to the extent of my knowledge there aren't that many ways to apply confused in the game. I like that last part though if that could be done that sounds ideal. The only problem I could see with DMr's suggestion would be that confused would be not as good against Salaman as it currently is now, but I don't think that's and inherently bad thing.

20. Sokolov

Salaman Ability:

On relic/equipment deploy
    Find all activated abilities on friendlies
    Reduce CD by 1 if on CD

Straight-forward, easy.

So first implement of Confused (hard-coded value):

On application
    Collect current CDs of activated abilities
    Calculate new CDs of activated abilities based on ORIGINAL duration of condition
    Remove abilities
    On removal
    Add abilities at 0 CD
    Adjust CDs of abilities by the calculated value

So, here we have the problem of... what happens if Confused is cleansed? Ok, so instead of using the original duration, we need to do some calculations on original - remaining duration. It's messy, but probably doable.

What about if the champion gets Confused a second time? Now we have to take the original CDs of the abilities... calculate how much SHOULD have decremented... then use THOSE values on the new calculations of the second Confused..

And yea... I don't think it's even possible right now to pull the correct numbers and transfer them between the two conditions (I could be wrong on this).

Note: Even the manual decrement would have this problem, so the ideal fix is the Suppression system (but that's not happening anytime soon). My money is on DMR"s solution right now.