Star Wars: The Old Republic

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Baskitkase, Nov 17, 2014.

1. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

how is the combat? is it like KOTOR where you have to watch the combat? or do you shoot and aim like a regular shooter

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

It's more like WoW

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

except, you know... better

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I miss KOTOR. Which they would've made a 3rd.

5. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

never played WoW

6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

oh, well, basically, you hit buttons to do individual abilities and then your character does them. It's faster and much more reactive than KOTOR, but not as fast as a shooter.

7. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

fair enough, I will keep this game in mind then if I need something to play for awhile

8. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

As a multi-character person myself, I have to attest to its excellence. Imagine all the fun in leveling up your character (by all accounts, one of the best leveling systems in a MOBA) then multiply it by 3, or 5, or even more. You get to experience all the stories at once.

As a side-note, I haven't played this game in years, so I'm not certain my account is still active. Does anyone know if my characters will all be there if I randomly decide to start playing again? I have several level 55 characters, and it would be a shame if all that effort were to go to waste.

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Hey, @SPiEkY

Looking at making my 2nd (and third) characters...

Can you talk to me about Tanks and Ranged damage dealers?

Also, what are the other names of your chars so I can add them.

Wimbleton is now 28 and its getting to be time to take a break. I did go ahead and sub tho heh.

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Darth Mater

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Wimbleton: 31 Sage
    Baskit: 10 Commando
    Gromett: 4 Smuggler (Snuggler)

12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Piepie, I need you to log in an play wif me.

Also, I put a couple hunnert bux into the Cartel, any suggestions on what to buy after inventory slots?

13. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Action bars?

Idk what all is buyable, but I think that was one of them.

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Yeah I'll get all 6 of those prob.

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

There's some stuff you can buy and sell on the AH too.

16. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

If you are into customization and having a lot of options regarding your character's style, then dye modules and mod-able weapons would be your best bet. Once you get your crafting skills up, you have incredible options for building your ideal character for whatever situation is necessary (Flashpoints, PvP, Ops, etc.). It's always good to buy a few of the latest expansion packs; you can find them under the Recently Added section of the Cartel Market. Rare item drops will net you big credits on the GTN, or you could use the items yourself if you need them. For example, speeder drops are fairly frequent I've noticed, and crafting materials come in every pack. Leveling bundles are fairly efficient as well, so you might want to pick one up for your most used character.

Once your characters get high enough leveled (e.g. around 45-50) you'll want to invest in Artifact Equipment Authorization. This category of equipment is miles beyond what you will ever find just through questing, and is usually obtained through spending Commendations, crafting, or Flashpoints/Ops/PvP.

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I got the bundle that gives you the rocketboost and QT cooldown reduction, loving that one.

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Update:

Wimbleton: 42 Balance Sage - But now I have field respec on him so I can respec heals for 4 mans.
    McSplat: 28 Vanguard Tank (my pvp love)
    Baskit: 16 Commando
    Grommet: still level 4 lolsligner.

Where you at Piepie?

19. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

A ways behind, I got caught up with jury duty and pox and haven't had as much time as I'd like for swtor lately. Should be able to get some playage in soon, though.

20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I've found a balance sage to pvp with my Vanguard. I harpoon a target and we coordinate lockdowns, its so great. I keep him guarded and peel with storm and explosive surge which for some reason they thought balanced to let me have an aoe slow thats intant and has no CD with that discipline. After popping my defenses though, I literally do not die for 15 seconds.

SPiEkY likes this.