Stealth and Combat Awareness on a champ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mausini, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

... bad idea.
    Just saying.

Rapidice, Goyo, mw24 and 2 others like this.
  2. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I'm typically against this type of thing....as in I hated "Berserker + Unstoppable" but this particular interaction is more about the impossibility of balancing stealth unfortunately.

3. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Murk is 16 nora. Murk was always trash.

What does it have to do with anything? Nothing.

Qucas likes this.
  4. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

unless proccing CA would break stealth

5. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Fortunately the whole stealth thing is gonna get a look at/review, but this interaction is indeed potentially problematic.

6. Tfguy

Tfguy Devotee of the Blood Owl

I sometimes wonder why there are detection champs in this game...:rolleyes:

Osidan and DarkJello like this.
  7. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Why so you can be a smartass about it, obv.

Goyo and Qucas like this.
  8. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Roughneck used to have these abilities and more pre-revamp, yet no one thought it was a problem. He's regained them for less than a day and all of a sudden there are complaints?

9. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

What's up with people comparing the game pre-revamp and now? Has there been 0 fundamental changes since then? Has the game not been drastically modified?

SPiEkY, Goyo and Tarathil like this.
  10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's true, tho I think some comparisons are valid in terms of whether specific mechanics, in combinations prove to be a problem.

For example, pre-revamp we had largely gotten rid of ranged Rank 3 DOTs/Debilitates/Sunder, etc. but post revamp this was somewhat forgotten as a general guideline.

In this case, there is precedent for units with a Stealth + CA combination to be quite powerful, both pre and post revamp.

That said, these have always came with a couple different points:
    • The unit had access to easily recurring stealth such as Escape or Stealth
    • The unit had other significant strengths (that may or may not have been directly related to the Stealth + CA combo)
    Thus, whether or not the Roughneck specifically falls into the "problem area" post revamp remains to be seen, but the fact that he had the Flash Bomb + CA combo previously and that Flash Bomb is not the easily recurring stealth does bear some consideration.

As I said in the Buffs thread when we discussed it there, Stealth in general is something I plan on reviewing in 2 main ways, cost and durations (many forms of Stealth are effectively permanent, while others are very limited in duration), and Flash Bomb is likely a candidate for a short duration form of Stealth.