Thanks for watching

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MentalMoles, Oct 27, 2014.

1. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

We know the UI will be update in the future, could you also update and improve the combat log, examples could be seen in this thread: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/the-main-problem-for-new-people.8761/

To SenShu
    It is uncommon to see you on poxnora client or reply much in this forum, could you tell us more about your role and job?
    We would like to see more communication from Greens, what could you, as a CM, do to improve this?

2. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

I 2nd this:
    "It is uncommon to see you on poxnora client or reply much in this forum, could you tell us more about your role and job?" It seems CM is not your primary role, so what is?

Are there any efforts planned to gain new players?

Why are there so many achievements, effects and abilities missing text? They just say affect.ability.start or something similar. Isn't this an easy fix?

Why do we never see Greens in game?

Is there any sort of schedule for expansions and patches? Will DOG continue the mid-term LEG packs?

Will Bonds of War be moved into the Extended Set or be offered for gold on its own when Ronin is released?

Why are you ok with your social media, SEO and gaming site relations being so very, very bad?

What do you envision for the future of Poxnora? Do you want to make it a big game, or keep it as a niche game while DOG develops other games? Or in other words, will Poxnora be DOG's main game for the foreseeable future or do you see the studio having a handful of titles?

Why don't you offer faction packs, the biggest request of new players, and are there any plans to do so?

Any plans to add a rune as a prize to PVP or increased gold to encourage people to play?

Along those lines, are you ok with there typically being 3x as many people in Single Player as there are in PVP or are you hoping to shift this back to a more competitive-focused game?

3. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

Question directed to Moles (I am not sure if you could answer question in these stuff since no one ever asked you anything)

How do you pick which question to be asked in these Q&A? (most liked? most repeated? personal favorite?)
    Since steam launch, you created a new guild, I am sure you have heard a good amount of suggestion or complains from the new player, what are the ones that are most out standing to you?
    Do you consider PA was successful, what have you learn from creating and maintain it?
    Do you have any idea/suggestion that might help to improve the guild system for new and/or old players (since this was a hot topic a couple of days ago)?

===general questions===
    Replay system possible?
    could we haveCopy-able chat box?

EDIT: added more questions

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  4. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Any plans to tinker with the price of tokens and boxes (gold values)?

5. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

I pick questions based on how "important" I think they are, whether they are a real issue, whether its something people need/want to know

You're right, biggest 2 things are the steam client not launching and the tutorial bugs but honestly a lot of the new players love pox, they love the amount of depth it has, they love the amount of variety within factions and they also love the F2P model now and are pretty much all embracing it. I had several new guys loving it so much they bought a ton of boxes as well.

So yes, PA is a success, it had 50 members within a day or two and continuing to grow quickly, they all help each other out and we have certain members that go way above and beyond to help out the new guys, such as Anima and Agirgis, there are a couple more too.

Oh yes the guild system needs a lot of work, for starters it needs to be built into the client, just like the Rune Manager and maketplace. We need a better ranking system for guilds (as well as pvp) and we need rewards for guilds that rank highly as well as possibly a tournament system for guilds. however a lot of this is low priority in comparison to the other issues that need sorting on pox.

To answer one of the questions you put to Senshu, Gedden stated that he didn't want copyable chatbox on pox because people might use it to try and scam.

Kampel and hfok like this.
  6. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

That is a nice idea,
    Senshu, could Guilds be integrated into the client in the future? I know this is just another "too far on the future" question

7. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Are we going to see more units with abilitie: renovate?

8. Oldmaster

Oldmaster I need me some PIE!

What's the long term plans for both DOG as a company, and poxnora specifically? Would you like to eventually develop void rim as well?

What will you be prioritizing over the next six months? I am sure there is a laundry list of improvements that are possible, but what are we looking at for the near future?

Would you consider making a thread similar to the cactuar crate that sokolov had, in which he listed changes he was consdidering? It was a sort of laundry list of improvements he wanted to eventually make, as well as the themes/champs he was keeping an eye on.

9. MentalMoles

20 Questions confirmed: No more questions please

Priorities:
    1. From BurnPyro: When will you finally update the balance of map layouts?
    2. From xCovah: When are the balance patches that we were promised coming back?
    3. From Kalasle: What is DOG's biggest priority right now for Pox?
    4. From Ishalia: Has any progress been made on hiring the new programmer(s)?
    5. From hfok: when will we see a tokens pack cost reduction?
    6. From nightbane21: Any plans to add a rune as a prize to PVP or increased gold to encourage people to play?
    7. Fromxezno: Are Legendary runes going to be available from the forge? If so when?

Community:

1. From Kalasle: How often do the Devs/Team read the forums?
    2. From hfok: It is uncommon to see you on poxnora client or reply much in this forum, could you tell us more about your role and job?
    3. From hfok: How's the progression for single player server so far?
    4. From Soulmilk: Can we have a Gedden vs Senshu match in game?
    5. From exiledtyrant: Are there plans to set up interviews to promote the game on other sites after the Ronin release?
    6. From Rokkushun: do you guys still look at bug reports forum? I've had an issue for 3 months going on 4 now and I have yet to recieve a response.
    Future:

1. From xezno: Are there any plans to make shards purchasable?
    2. From xezno: Are there any plans to make some kind of pack that is faction specific?
    3. From xezno: Are Split faction public Decks a consideration for the future?
    4. From hfok: a lot of discussion has happened around increasing the turn timer - was this forgotten again?
    5. From Kampel: could you tell us if campaigns will be getting an update? There are a bunch of campaigns that has been outdated or broken for some time now.
    6. From Kampel: Senshu, could Guilds be integrated into the client in the future?
    7. From chickenpox2: when can we expect new redesigned maps? Can we get a preview?

Sirius, xezno and soulmilk like this.
  10. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I see you did not include my questions... guess I'll have to ask him in person

11. MentalMoles

As much as i'd love to ask your stalker questions we have only got time for 20 questions so i'll stick with the important questions :p

12. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Moles, why did you think my question asking how much work changing a champeon requires was not a good one to include?

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

He's either going to have to make up the answer to most of those or just say its.on the list.

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

@xezno
    1. From xezno: Are there any plans to make some kind of pack that is faction specific?
    Gedden has answered this one previously. He has said that there was an idea for this, and that the packs themselves already had cost adjustments made to them. He was just worried that if people were able to buy directly from their faction it would ruin the MTG aspect of the game.

@exiledtyrant
    1. From exiledtyrant: Are there plans to set up interviews to promote the game on other sites after the Ronin release?
    Gedden hasn't answered this question specifically before. He has however touched up on the subject of advertisement in general. I don't remember exactly what he said so don't quote me on this. It was something along the lines of - Advertisment would be nice however it is expensive, and for the cheaper options are usually a 2 way hit. I advertise for you if you advertise me type of things. Gedden is against having outside advertisements on poxnora for 2 reason. 1 it might lead people away from the main site, and 2 that it would ruin the feel the site gives. He also gave a statistical thing about, banner ads. Something along the lines of if:

100,000 people see the banner, the likely hood of 100 clicking on it on purpose is slim, of those we can expect about 5-12 to check it out, and maybe 2 of those to actually try, and commit to the game. This makes it very expensive per person to advertise to join. As mentioned earlier the you advertise me, so I advertise you style is not something Gedden wants to do. . If someone clicks on a banner to get to poxnora, and we have banners, the chance they click one of those banners to leave poxnora are higher than if we didn't.

The best advertisement is player made guides, and videos. Word of the mouth, check this game out type of stuff. He encourages all forms. He is not against advertisement so much that he will not stop trying to find a way to promote the game. However he did mention that the upcoming steam release at that time would be a big help.

As I said I my not remember all parts of this one correctly. So don't quote me. XD

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  15. MentalMoles

Its not that it wasn't a good question, it just that I have 20 slots and I had 20 better questions (in my opinion)

16. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I see his point except unlike MTG, this game just keeps continuing on. At least with MTG you can buy packs of the newest set and play without issue (to a degree). However that is not possible with Pox and there sheer amount of runes any given faction has is staggering. I hope if this question keeps being brought up it will happen. If it wasnt for "alternative" channels I have used, I would not have the set of KF runes I have today. I would rather not have used any of these channels and just been able to get what I need strait from the site/game. I know not everyone holds this point of view but this is how I personally see it.

17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I whole heartedly agree. I was just saying what I remember from a past Q&A, the fact that they already have prices on them is a good sign.

xezno likes this.
  18. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

@Moles1909 any chance we will get to see liquin_3rd or poxzuo in this interview?

soulmilk likes this.
  19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

POXZUO THE GODESS

ALL HAIL

20. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

And now for Today's Answers Forecast:

Priorities:
    From BurnPyro: When will you finally update the balance of map layouts?
    We are currently working on fixing the bugs caused by the Steam release. After that there might be a patch and once that is done we'll maybe think more about maps, but probably not because we have to release an expansion sometime soon to provide us with money that can cover future development costs.
    From xCovah: When are the balance patches that we were promised coming back?
    Same thing about fixing bugs, then perhaps a patch, then probably an expansion!
    From Kalasle: What is DOG's biggest priority right now for Pox?
    Fixing bugs followed by an expansion.
    From Ishalia: Has any progress been made on hiring the new programmer(s)?
    We are still looking.​

From hfok: when will we see a tokens pack cost reduction?
    We are thinking about reducing the costs but can't tell when it will happen or if it will happen.​

From nightbane21: Any plans to add a rune as a prize to PVP or increased gold to encourage people to play?
    That is a great idea that we are certainly looking into for the future.​

Fromxezno: Are Legendary runes going to be available from the forge? If so when?
    Legendaries will be forgable but we were very busy with Steam and bugs and what not so we don't know how much fogring Legendaries wil cost or when it will happen.​

Community:

From Kalasle: How often do the Devs/Team read the forums?
    We read them on a daily basis. However due to reasons it is not possible for us to reply to everything.
    From hfok: It is uncommon to see you on poxnora client or reply much in this forum, could you tell us more about your role and job?
    Doing a bit of everything including testing for bugs, reading player reports and bug forums, making reports about that for the development, maybe writing a tweet sometime, analyzing the results of the Premade Deck Vote thing, making coffee for everybody, etc.​

From hfok: How's the progression for single player server so far?
    Bug was not found yet but somebody is working on it day and night. Except the night part, that's not true.​

From Soulmilk: Can we have a Gedden vs Senshu match in game?
    That would certainly be interesting and we are looking into that sometime.​

From exiledtyrant: Are there plans to set up interviews to promote the game on other sites after the Ronin release?
    We are planing to do some kind of advertising sometime but do not have any details that we can share on that right now.​

From Rokkushun: do you guys still look at bug reports forum? I've had an issue for 3 months going on 4 now and I have yet to recieve a response.
    Of course we do. However fixing the many bugs that came with the Steam release is our current priority. Everything else will follow when we have time.​
    Future:

From xezno: Are there any plans to make shards purchasable?
    Nope! :3
    From xezno: Are there any plans to make some kind of pack that is faction specific?
    We'll think about it for a while and then we'll maybe do it.​

From xezno: Are Split faction public Decks a consideration for the future?
    While that would certainly be interesting we believe that newbies might have a hard time understanding the dynamics of split BGs which is why they'll likely not exist as public decks.​

From hfok: a lot of discussion has happened around increasing the turn timer - was this forgotten again?
    No! Yes? .. maybe!? ... Steam bugs!!!​

From Kampel: could you tell us if campaigns will be getting an update? There are a bunch of campaigns that has been outdated or broken for some time now.
    We are planing on it but for now we have a lot of other stuff that has to be done so it'll happen when we have time time and resources for it.​

From Kampel: Senshu, could Guilds be integrated into the client in the future?
    That would be a lot of work so we are currently not planing on it since we already have a lot of work as it is. But it would certainly be interesting to look into for the future!​

From chickenpox2: when can we expect new redesigned maps? Can we get a preview?
    We are working on that but can not share anything at the moment. Be looking forward to that because it will happen at some point but I'm not sure when yet.​

Can't wait to see how many, if any, I guessed correctly.

Morfeas, Sirius, Kampel and 5 others like this.