The old skill > new guys debate.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Feb 12, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I am not saying I am better than heroex. I am just saying I beat him 3 times in a row and I can probably play non st bgs better than him. Usually if you are one of the better players you can play your main faction better than I could play it because I don't play 1 faction I play them all. If fw wasn't garbage I would attempt to master the faction.

2. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

oh so now it was 3 times in a row? dem lies keep getting bigger when there's game history that disproves you. pahaha.

"I got rank 6 and started switching bgs. My rank doesn't climb that high because I get bored and switch to something else. I think I play more bgs than anyone else in limited in limited."
    what a sad excuse. I play different stuff and stay top 5. Only yesterday I dropped below top 5 because I lost to a rare league.

"If fw wasn't garbage I would attempt to master the faction."

so many excuses lol. I can play any faction better than you. No excuses.

I'm better than you at every faction and at the game. Which doesn't mean much considering...

You're pretty much saying "If I actually tried, I'd be better than you. If I played though."

You're like that student that graduated culinary school and thinks he's a chef when he goes to work on the first day.

jayscales1 likes this.
  3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Bruh i'm still rank 7 goml.

4. devrn

devrn I need me some PIE!

You guys are hilarious! It's just a frivolous rank in a video game. Who cares..?

jayscales1 likes this.
  5. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

i call out liars and speak it true, no matter what it is

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I beat you feb 5th, feb 3rd, January 25th, and January 19th. You beat my experimental fw/sl dragon bg, a bg that i could hardly win a game with January 27th.( I lost more than half my games on that page using that bg) Using meta bgs I beat you 4 times in a row and you have yet to win a game...

If you can't even beat random meta bgs I play with the faction you supposedly main, how in the world are you supposed to be better than me at other factions when all I do is play different factions???

Tells me to check my match history and says i'm the one lying. Lmao!

Covah is way better than heroex. He beat my IS bg, the bg you couldn't even beat after getting a draw win. You surrendered after I 2shotted your owl raider, rofl.

You talk down to me then make a fool out of yourself. I've seen this before don't worry your not the first.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  7. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

put your money where your mouth is and get in q for once instead of just talking crap about how you're the best from a less than good player's rank

8. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

hey yo no one cares about your **** wagling rank holy Bane Shift there's 14 people playing

mortal ix, JellyBerry, SPiEkY and 2 others like this.
  9. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Word.
    Why people wont realise that the game needs to be balanced asap or no one will play this imbalanced crap anymore? We need more nerfs, not buffs.

mortal ix likes this.
  10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

You have a 0%winrate against me after 4 games and just embarrassed yourself on the forums after calling me a liar, no thanks i'm good.

11. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Oh snap

12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Look at all your post on this page. You should probably delete them before people read them and lose all respect for you, Lol.

Jayscales been a hater since I passed his skill level with IS, I see that upvote jayscales. You should be hating on xcovah, I only play IS better than you the rare times I play it, he plays IS better than you like everyday.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  13. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

it must be your lack of a proper forum avatar. that tends to draw unwarranted hate. anything but a cat plz.

14. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

heroex7777 MW24 1v1 Yes Snarling Tangle 0 Jan 27, 2015 3:13:22 AM 23m

you have a 0% winrate in life

im done here. toot your own horn more all you want.

no one's actually good at something if they have to tell everyone that they are.

Flyingfinn likes this.
  15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I play every faction and I play them well enough to beat your best bg with 4 different factions so far. That doesn't make me a great player. devilsrath and tinydragon are the best playing. I think of myself and many others as good players, players like devilsrath and tinydragon are great players not good players.

I already told you that game was against a test bg with a 35% winrate, look at the page I have that game on. You can count that as a win though if you want. Losing with that does not matter to me, pretty sure rare leagues beat that. I only play ranked games even when I am testing new bgs.

If the page is filled with losses I am obviously not using a meta worthy bg -____-.

Disproving your lies isn't tooting my own horn, especially when you accused me of lying in the first place. and your last sentence is more bs. If I get really good at this game I will tell people I am really good whenever I feel like it.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

17. fangs13

fangs13 New Member

and old school had les runes also in the bg that has to play into it as well

18. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

Old thread but still relevant

19. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I'd say since the revamp skill in deck building has become a much more important part of pox that a lot of older players would lack.

The more restrictive nature behind deck building nowadays requires us to knowingly pick our strengths & weaknesses in a way older players never had to. At the same time we're now forced to play in a way to minimise our weaknesses & i think that's definitely an important skill that is massively underrated when people talk about old vs new.

Using FW as a comparison here, FW players who might have been better than our current best FW players definitely never struggled with such a weak early game as we do now. So when we see those older games where FW was good right off the bat vs now where we grind to a win it's pretty possible the older player never would have been able to stall out the game by min-max the trades on nora & positioning in order to get to the point where FW can excel vs the other factions.

(If this makes no sense i am very very very tired right now)

xaznsoulx likes this.
  20. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

This thread was a riot to read through.

Edit:

I don't think that you can compare eras too well. Pox has been many very different games over its lifetime. Early on you had to calculate stuff like Attack, Defense and Damage as 3 different stats but abilities were pretty basic. Nowadays stats are much simplified but there are thousands of abilities. Early on there were no such thing as Avatars and even once Avatars were released they were level capped and that cap only raised by 10 every expansion. It took almost 2 full years to get to the level 50 Avatars that we have now. Back in the day you couldnt transfigure. It was much easier to shrine rush but damage numbers were much lower. There were many people over the years that were amazing at the game they were playing but faded away as the game changed.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018