Thoughts on UD

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Jun 9, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I feel UD needs some type of spell counter or cleanse, especially with the removal of unstoppable from nefari guardian. The faction seems very vulnerable at times to cc spells. Hammer strike, reverberating blast, etc, seem way too strong against UD.

I feel split personality may have not needed the nerf it received but I am not 100% sure. It didn't seem too different from righteous deflection in the strength of the spell, and RD is still the same and in a faction with healing.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

you have cleanse and relief, sacrifice and ret

get good

3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

You mean like dark pact, designate scapegoat, cleansing flame, relieve and the mino ability?

Oh, you meant mindless spot counters.

4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Your post is not helpful, I am pretty sure you know what is wrong with the abilities/runes you just mentioned. dark pact? are you serious ? Lol. I am not talking about shoebox/worthless runes or super specialized runes that are only optimal in certain bgs.

5. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Translation: "My bullshit uncounterable rune got nerfed, so now I want another get-out-of-jail-free card to replace it because I'm bad".

EmperorSauron, Netherzen and SPiEkY like this.
  6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I think it is better that a faction has things it can't do, things it can do really well, and things it is the only one that can do.

SaintKiwi, Qno2, Paladin and 13 others like this.
  7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

For reasons of aesthetic design, why should UD get direct and pinpoint access to those things?

8. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Isn't Bane Shift UD's cleanse?
    It doesn't work with the conditions that was listed though, but every faction should have its weaknesses and strengths. (Though if it's cast beforehand, it works)

chickenpox2 and Gnomes like this.
  9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Having no counter to spells and no cleanse is a really bad combination and weakness. Especially in a primarily melee faction.

Hammerstrike and other cc destroys UD.

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Wow this might be the solution I was looking for. If you get hammer striked though and you use bane shift. Will your opponents champion be stunned the next turn or not? I wonder if the stun would wear off first.

11. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Seriously?

12. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

If you cast it on your unit first, then it get hammer striked, when the turn ends and it becomes your turn, the opposing champ will get stunned 1. Your opponent won't know about this until it's your turn.

13. spineyftw

spineyftw I need me some PIE!

Why does every faction have to be on equal terms when it comes to spot counters? Boring.

Split Personality was a bit much.

14. spineyftw

spineyftw I need me some PIE!

In general I think people are too hard on you, but I can't sign off on this one.

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

That isn't good enough. The whole reason dark pact is terrible is because you have to guess whether or not your opponent will cast a spell on the targeted champion and this isn't effective. its hard often times to guess if your opponent will use a spell within the next 6 turns yet alone on a targeted champion...

16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I don't want factions to be the same but in a melee faction not having reliable cleanse and at the same time not having access to a spell/cc counter is extremely detrimental to the faction against many opponents. (such as IS, Tiny's IS in particular...hammer strikes all day)

17. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I don't know why I decided to "Show Ignored Content" and read this thread, but I feel like I actually became less intelligent just from reading it.

RasielCZ, Sirius and WhatTheHex like this.
  18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ok, before making an argument that this is actually the case in this instance, you need to make a cohesive argument for why this is actually bad in any broader way -- why shouldn't this faction have a detriment when fighting another faction?

BurnPyro likes this.
  19. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

ironic.

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

because it often times leads to losses just because your opponent has access to cc that the faction can't do anything about. Hammer strike(or similiar cc) and a UD champ is just dead. I realized this playing UD against tiny, he exploits this weakness of UD heavily.

Either a single target cleanse or a spell blocker like fw, sl, and fs have would be good for the faction.( i dont like sl's i think the 40 nora limitation should be removed)

No healing, no cleanse, no spell blocker, and little range is a bad combination.