What do people think about Frightful Aura

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Osidan, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

It's -3 damage for opposing champions and +3 defense for Undead friendly champions in a 4 space area. That's a 6 point damage swing. I personally find it way over the top but I'd like to know what others think. Thanks for your opinions.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Still probably worse than AoE Tough 3 from Enduring Aura. Definitely the FW ava's strongest part -- but lets be real, FW transfiguring is superduper bad for them, so whatever. As a FW player, I would take literally 1 point of max Shrine HP over any number of Ava abilities.

3. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

I think it shouldn't stack. But it does.

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

iirc it comes from the Frightened condition being keyed to the champ that Frightened it. So assuming you've multiple champs that an apply it, the ability will stack the debuff as it has to identify multiple units that it can't attack. I don't know if there is a way of updating the conditions so it can discern multiple sources of frightened without it having to stack. Could be wrong tho.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  5. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Make Fearless counter Dread and Frightful Aura's debuff. The end.

Kampel and Morfeas like this.
  6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

probably because you dont care about winning...

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Actually I think even a tiny increase in shrine health does more for a FW deck's competitive prospects than having more avatar abilities.

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

your opinions about the faction are heavily influenced by your playstyle and the way you play doesnt work consistently in the higher ranks while playing the fw faction. Alot of players who like fw would like to play the faction competitively and actually have a fair shot at winning(without having to rely on luck based cheese bgs like ghost or chopping blocks) You seem to miss the major weaknesses and imbalances of the faction and ignore the fact that there are almost never any decently high ranked fw players even though the faction is arguably the most popular in the game(assuming it was as strong as any other balance wise)

fw has been in a terrible state when it comes to competitive pvp for nearly all of the last 16 months. and some the active fw players left(like yourself) have been contributing to this. The fw players who actually like playing the faction competitively hardly even exist anymore because they already quit and or gave up on the faction ever being fixed properly.

Woffleet likes this.
  9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think your narrow view of competitive options and lack of design fundamentals -- as evidenced by the homogeneity of your change suggestions -- makes you unable to either play or understand decks outside of a particular type of mold.

10. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Mw24 how do you fix it?

11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

no, I just make things as simple as possible when trying to provide solutions, the devs can barely get the basics right so I dont try and make things more complex when theyve yet to achieve an acceptable state of game balance in the past 16months. theyve done especially bad with the fw faction.

12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

if they kept the faction bonus they'd just have to make fw's runes stronger in order to make up for it and try to fix some of the poorly designed runes and abilities like ghost and chopping block imo. I would just change the bonus into something more effective though(and nerf/change some of the cheese like ghost), this wouldnt fix all of the factions problems but itd be a great start.

it would take a bit of work to get fw and a majority of its themes strong enough for competitive pvp because the devs have kind of messed up alot of the faction.

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think, rather than providing simple solutions, you have a tendency to over-simplify the problem, and then supply changes commensurate with that view of things. Consider taking a more self-reflective and self-critical approach to your suggestions.