Why do you play the Faction you do?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dwlr, Jul 21, 2015.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I don't necessarily play factions anymore. I more or less play themes now.

Forglar Swamp
    Circadian (Aquatics)
    Firk (Cthulhu)

Forsaken Wastes
    Attrition (Cheap Meat/DoT)
    Spirit

K'thir Forest
    Combined Arms (It works...)
    De'lim

Ironfist Stronghold
    Drunken Dwarves
    Grintmaw

Savage Tundra
    Hoarfrost (FW/ST)
    Relaim Hell (IS/ST)

Shattered Peaks
    Hyaenid
    Slag Slag Slag

Sundered Lands
    Draksar
    Myx

Underdepths
    Arachnid (SL has Arthropods, UD has Spiders, AKA Arachids)
    Minotaur

Maljara
    Kanen
    Leoss
    Stitched
    Torun

Anima26 likes this.
  2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

My Troll BG is called MarkXXIV

3. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Bought a theme deck when i first started with a irl friend, he bought Voil and i bought Barbarian. Played that for a little while we bought another deck each, i bought Firk one and he bought Demon one. Played that for a while too and eventually noticed FS was really cool and had some cool races like Snaptooth, Pirahnids and Turtles, doesnt get much cooler than Turtles so i traded away and built a Tortun deck. Played it a lot, eventually branched out and experimented with FS/SL Tortun splits and discovered that SL was also really cool too like FS. Myx and Dragons hooked me in, along with SLs access to cleanse ha. Started playing all sorts of SL and FS decks. I still focus on just playing those two factions because i cant afford to collect all the factions although i have experimented with most themes over time. Traded a lot of runes back and forth. I like FS and SL because i find the style and theme of the two factions to be particularly cool. I also really like Treefolk, Vothsair(Demon), Serpentors (draksar), Slags, Constructs and Hyaenids, theyre all pretty cool races too.

EdiT: i should mention i first found Pox durings its first Steam launch. Had never heard of it before it popped up on f2p games on Steam.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  4. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

When I first found Pox, I really enjoyed UD and FW, pretty much solely because of the art.
    I didn't have internet back then and no credit card as I was just a middle schooler back then, so I only used the free sample decks. (This was before gold was a thing.)

I then got back to Pox in late 2010.
    I tried to do a pvp battle just to see what it was like, it was against stitched and I lost, hard.
    I realized that I can't win against other players without a focused deck.
    However I didn't have a credit card so I had to be a free to play player, so grinding gold was the only option.

I quickly discovered almost all voils was obtainable by gold. The few exceptions was Voil Imperialist, Voil Infernal, Voil King Ruubgaal and Voil King's Crypt.
    I started grinding against bots, gaining about 15-50 gold per game, slowly obtaining common Voil runes, then a few uncommons until finally getting my first rare; Voil Queen.
    (For those who forgot, Commons cost 200 Gold, Uncommons 600, Rares 2400 and Exotics 4000.)

I much later discovered Poxbox, which then made me able to obtain the Voil Runes I couldn't get.
    After all the grinding to get a focused BG, I had gotten very attached to my runes.
    I had read lots of posts by PurpleTop, which then made me invested in SP as a whole.

Qucas likes this.
  5. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

I fell in to playing KF since it seemed to best fit my play style.

Also the girls are easy on the eye.