Elder Garu -_-

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by IMAGIRL, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

I agree, give him oaken mace and +20 nora cost.

2. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

My opinion is that reworking Oaken Mace into a Garu equip would give them some love that just giving the Elder an automatic mace would not.

DarkJello likes this.
  3. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

One Mace is made of Oak, the Other is made of Walnut. The Kodiak is made of Teak

4. CravenLestat

CravenLestat Active Member

[​IMG]

He should have it equipped auto then take domain water off his upgrade path since the bandoleer takes care of all that then replace the old domain water slot with High Tide upgrade and then life will be back to normal again.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
    IMAGIRL and Sealer0 like this.
  5. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I don't see the resemblance

OriginalG1 likes this.
  6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Those are **** beads on Tidemaster idk wut u r talking about

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I honestly can't think of any others.....

Leadrz likes this.
  8. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

I chose to abstain from future comment because we've reached a point where we clearly disagree but new points aren't being made. I've presented my case very clearly. You've presented your case just as clearly. I've pointed out what I disagree with and you've done the same. To continue this loop is to bury other comments in redundancy. I'd prefer others have a chance to weigh in and be seen.

I very much doubt you could do or say anything to irritate me. I am absolutely unafraid of disagreements as I'll happy bury my opponents in walls of text (seriously, check my history). That said, we've discussed this topic enough that our perspectives are available for others to read and reflect upon. If I feel the need to respond in the future, I shall :)

9. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

This Entrepidus guy. I'm starting to like him.

Entrepidus likes this.
  10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

If you scroll up... I ended up agreeing with you on your point of view. I believe my words were. "Conclusion. The mace the Kodiak is using could very well indeed be the exact same mace. You were or could very well be right."

Leadrz and DarkJello like this.
  11. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Ranger has elite blade. Kartch has destiny.

12. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Well, of COURSE Kartch has Destiny.
    It's his weapon.

13. Boozha

And? Gekaal doesn't have his earrings, Mangle doesn't have his musket, ruub doesn't have his crown and so on.

14. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

You have a point, but mine was that it makes sense for him to be wielding the weapon designed for him, but that doesn't mean he needs to come auto-equipped with it.
    Though since the refund makes it cost 5 nora on him, maybe he should just get an auto-equip ability for 5 nora...

15. Boozha

Actually he should get a new equip because Destiny is a pointless piece of crap ... Destiny Mark II or something

16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

The auto-equip ability gives you other benefits. Not saying it means it doesn't make sense, but I think it is more than an equipment cost minus refund increase on the hero's cost.
    1. No need to run the equipment in your BG, allowing you another slot.
    2. No need to wait to reveal the rune.
    3. If you do run the equip, you can put it on another champ. Many of the hero equips wouldn't be run, but I can think of a few that are, such as Vendetta. I realize Vendetta wasn't discussed here since it isn't in the rune art, but that's the first one that popped in my head.

17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

What if all heroes who have equips come with them, and their cost goes back +15 nora.

Leadrz likes this.
  18. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

The one thing I don't really like about Elder Garu coming into play equipped with an Oaken Mace is that, currently, Gedden is costing those abilities quite severely.

Equip: Frostfall Quiver- 5 nora
    Frostfall Quiver- 10 nora

Equip: Mindflayer- 10 nora
    Mindlflayer- 25 nora

Equip: Seed of Potential- 25 nora
    Seed of Potential- 40 nora

Following this loose cost structure, Equip: Oaken Mace would add 20-25 nora to the cost of Elder Garu. Simply adding Stun to base would only add 6 nora while Comboattack: Stun would add 15 nora.

Edit: I do love your idea of the change, from a flavor perspective, though. It would just make him too expensive to be played, with Gedden's ability costs. :(

19. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

There's the downside to consider too, if they come pre-equipped, then you have to remove that equip before you can use a different one.

20. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

your equip voil king for the cost of a rune slot with tempest crown, giving him the +15 nora cost would be lame.