Fae/Garu/Cens

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Celestus

Celestus The King of Potatoes

Fan Faire is literally what makes a fairy deck just about runnable due to it making the fae nora cost efficient by being super efficient itself

2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I know, which is why I want Karma to exclude it. It's simply out of reach for just about everyone at this point....Karma, since you're in the council, could you notify Gedden about Fan Faire?

3. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Well this rune is on par with - Giving Tree's, ALL LE Re-releases, Elven Mage/Avenging Angel/Clarivoyance/Bullseye, Even runes Like Ctharia/Pyro/Valassa/Aria are all limited supply, I agree with making them widely available. But I see no reason to inhibit my already terrible fae bg just because others can't run fan faire.. :/

4. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

For science, Karmavore, for science!

The difference between Mage, AA etc. is that it's art only. Fan Faire is an entire spell that is limited. Also as far as I'm concerned, DOG wishes to step away from "1 rune to bind them all" BGs, where you HAVE to have a specific rune to make it work, so....I'm being pushy, I know, but I just want to see the results. It wouldn't hurt to release a non-limited version of Fan Faire.

Also Ctharia received a legendary version AFAIK. :p

EnigmaXIII likes this.
  5. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

YES PLEASE. Leg version of Fan fair, i beg you!

6. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Point taken, sir. In the name of science! ;)

Etherielin likes this.
  7. Celestus

Personally I used to run Fae without Fan Faire but now its impossible, if they were more efficient perhaps I wouldn't need to run it. Also if everyone has access to it I believe it will be no time at all before people are screaming out for a change on it. Its rarely seen so its not really bothered about atm

8. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

Lol you make it sound like a overpowered rune that no one knows about. If that is the case then you should be happy to see it change for the sake of balance, its not fair that a number of players that have access to a rare rune get to abuse it, its not beneficial to the competitive state of the game.

9. Celestus

Oh thats not how I meant it to come across, I meant it as, it probably is a llittle too efficient right now, however I think it needs only a minor tweak so for the hp to reduced a little bit but as soon as it will become so its in the limelight people will go crazy and the balance in it will swing from a little efficient to not worth running. So I'd like to see a minor tweak to get it balanced before it becomes available to everyone and slammed into the ground

10. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Fan faire is an amazing spell that brings more to field than people realize, and if it where to become widespread people would want it changed immediately, there's a good reason I include it all my bgs..
    l

11. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

@Karmavore

Just a quick bump to check whether or not you've had time to think about our suggestions since you last updated the OP :)

12. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Ooops. Here you are.

This patch im going to really focus on getting fae in the right spot, with some much needed nerfs to our meta champs, and some slight buffs to weaker champs within Garu to finalize my 8 runes and help push the other themes forward.
    I want fae to recieve a new ability created by Xirone called: Fragile Flight (rename to whatever) which basically gives them a global debuff when 20HP is reached, hindering them, but on the flip side discounting the ability flight. This proposed change is very similar to the introduction to Arctic Flight/Sonic Flight, only it gives a debuff and costs lest reducing fae's nora by 5 across the board.

Garu Hurler - (BUFF) [9 DMG | 5 SPD | 2-4 RNG | 1 DEF | 55 HP]
    Changes
    : Remove Seige -1n // Remove Stone Bomb 2/3 // Add Preperation // Add Logistics Flanking // Add Pulverize 2 // Add Punish
    Path 1 = Hurl Boulder +4n | Preparation +10n | Stone Bomb 1 -2n
    Path 2 = Logistics Flanking +5N | Pulverize 2 +6N | Punish +6N
    (Default upgrades = Stone Bomb 1 -2n+ Punish +6n @ 69N

Reasoning: One of the main reasons behind Garu not being successful is their lack of RNG. Currently we have Garu Shaman/Garu Medium both do different things; but are lacking the dmg capacity to qualify as a legit RNG'd unit. With this change Garu Hurler becomes a pivotal unit.

Colossal Boa - (NERF) [10 DMG | 5 SPD | 1-2 RNG | 1 DEF | 60HP ]
    Changes: Colossal from Base -12n // Add Scale Armour +8n // Remove tough 1/2 // Add Fearless/Resilient // -5hp // -1def //
    Path 1 = Tough1 -3n | Fearless +2n | Resilient +6n
    Path 2 =Regeneration 1/2
    (Default upgrades = Tough 1 -3n + Regen 1 -3n @ 72N
    Reasoning:
    Colossal Boa is currently doing a lot of the frontline work in K'thir, having colossal, tough 3, 2 def on base is way to much for a lot of opponents to deal with. I suggest toning down his defensive capabilities a bit by removing Colossal and adding Scale Armour, taking away access to tough 3. He'll still have the ability to mitigate DoT's via Resilient or having fear immunity via Fearless. At least the user has the option to choose how he can be ran.

Conclave Warden // Sun Blossom
    Just an easy ability swap here, moving Conclave away from a support/frontline to Tank/Frontline as for Sunblossom Being Support/RNG, which is where both champions SHOULD be. Abash TO Conclave Warden +10n / -10n for Foment | Sunblossom Foment TO sunblossom +10 / -10 for Abash.

Ancestral Avenger - (Nerf) [DMG: 17 | SPD: 7 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 2 | HP: 71 ]
    Remove Vuln Magical from base (-8n) | (ABILITY COSTING CHANGES NEED TO APPLY WITH THIS PATCH, PLEASE!) Titan from -8 TO 0 | Loyalty from +2 TO +7.
    Nora cost increased from 96 TO 119 @ +23n (no nora modifications, please!)

This eliminates the fact that I can drag + drop to win. He becomes a tempo hit, which is where a champion like this needs to be, situational. Not a constant force no matter what.

Fae Enchantress- RNG changed from 4-5 to 1-2. DMG increased from 5 to 7. HP increased from 32 to 36 SPD reduced from 7 to 6Fairy Dust removed from base. Spellsurge: Fairy Dust and Shadowstrike added to base. Body Jumper added to first upgrade path.

Fae Enchantress - (BUFF/Kit Change)[ DMG: 7 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 1-2 | DEF: 0 | HP: 36 ]
    Base- Attack: Magical (0n), Flight (+6n) , Shadowstrike (+12), Spellsurge: Fairy Dust (+4), Summon Pristmatic Crystals (+10n) Fragile Flight (-5n)
    Upgrade Path 1- Body Jumper (+6n), Soften (+10n), Tempo (+3 n)
    Upgrade Path 2- Evasive 1 (+3n), Evasive 2 (+5n), Evasive 3 (+7n)
    Estimated Cost Range- 63-74

Reasoning:
    I wanted to somehow make another melee in fae, DMr's change to Voil Infernal inspired me to do this. I really like the way her new kit has turned out, having access to a melee harasser is really important, and most of her abilities fit her enchantress title. Body jumper is still subject to change, I either wanted trail crystal on her or body jumper. But I think Trail: Crystal is a but much, with giving her shadowstrike.

Rascal Fairy - (BUFF) [8 DMG | 6 SPD | 3-4 RNG | 0 DEF | 34 HP]
    Changes: Remove Shadowspawn -7n (Base)// Remove Initiative 1 -3N // Remove Shadow Strike +2 // Add Sapping Strike // Add Mark // Add Shadowspawn P2 +7 // ADD FRAGILE FLIGHT (NEW)
    Path 1 = Knockout +10n | Mark +5n | Sapping Strike +5n
    Path 2 = Initiative 2 +3n | Shadowspawn +7 | Stealth +4n
    (Default upgrades = Knockout +10n+ Shadowspawn +7n @ 75n

Reasoning: I really like this change to the Rascal, reducing his range some greatly decreases her cost and adding in the option of having sapping strike do the range tapping is a nice change. It gives Fae access to more pseudo-melee abilities which is where they really struggle, with fragile flight again giving discounts across the board it proves beneficial to fae being a lot cheaper. The new Rascal gives total control over upgrades, she could be ran in any way and still be worth the slot.

Garu Hunter - Buff - [ DMG: 12 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 1 | HP: 48 ]
    Changes: Remove Nemesis: Enraged Grizzly (+20n) // Remove Herbivore -6n // Remove Leverage: Beast -10n // Add Detection 3 (BASE +6n) // ADD Leverage Garu +10n
    Path 1= Forage | Hibernate | Protective
    Path 2= Blitz | Leverage: Garu |Hunter Protectorate
    (Default Upgrades = Hibernate +1n + Leverage Garu +10n @ 70N

• BUGS:
    • Crown of Petals Confusion is a removable condition if cleansed after equipment is applied.
    • Moonlit Fae isnt procing Bulwark: Fairy on Faeguard Nullbeast
    • RNG Displays are currently wrong on some champs *will try and update in another thread
    Suggestions: Hawk Attack 1/2/3 Needs a touch, it's too efficient for an ability that provides +RNG/DMG. Make it CD 3 @ +1/2/3DMG w/ Rend, 1 (2/1) Nora cost stays the same.
    Which in turn effects Bliss/Falconer.
    I've been kinda busy with work and what not, so I tried to read in as much as possible to peoples suggestions and still keep my own thoughts in tact. So here's what I came up with, GO EASY PLEASE <3.

Woffleet, Etherielin and DarkJello like this.
  13. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

Hawk Attack is perfectly fine now. The first nerf was enough.

14. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Yes, please! =)

I wouldn't mind seeing Sun Blossom get a few additional HP too if possible. Foment doesn't affect the champ that has it.

15. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Overlooked that bit, changing considering patch hasnt gone live yet.

16. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

@Karmavore

Some good, some bad. I'll try to be succinct :D

Fragile Flight
    I still don't support its current iteration. It lowers the cost of Fairies at the expense of effective HP. They will be noticeably squishier and Foment will become (more?) mandatory. You don't have to use my version (renamed "Gossamer Wings"), but this change wouldn't make me want to play Fairies. I'd even argue it's almost a blanket nerf.

Garu Hurler
    I like your tweak of my suggestion from Flanking to Logistics: Flanking (Why didn't I think of that? :oops:). Just because I'm OCD, would you mind asking for his attack to be changed to Attack: Rock?

Colossal Boa
    As before, if you drop Colossal, you might as well remove it from Pox as well. Also, if you're going to change him, please do it right. Placing just two ranks of an ability in a single upgrade path feels lazy and Resilient is easily auto in my eyes. You asked us to go easy (and I will), but I want to make it clear that I really don't like this proposal; it feels incomplete.

Conclave Warden + Sun Blossom
    I'd prefer we move Foment into upgrades for both champions rather than swapping base abilities. If we charge ahead with the current Fragile Flight (which I oppose), we'll need more sources of Foment. I'd prefer we use this slot to rework Sun Blossom (one of your original priorities) to include Foment as an upgrade in a newly optimized kit.

Ancestral Avenger
    As long as his minimum price is above 100N, this looks good to me. (I'm assuming Ghost/Incorporeal will be changed in some way down the road)

Fae Enchantress
    Unfortunately, I don't have anything good to say about this kit. Reducing her range devalues Summon Prismatic Crystals, Body Jumper is odd and path 2 is just ability ranks (?!). I wouldn't run her.

Rascal Fairy
    Obligatory +1! (looks like my exact suggestion :p)

Garu Hunter
    Leverage, in general, is a bad ability. It's +10N up front for -10N later on. What's the point? The old 20% discount was much better. Even +5N for -10N would be somewhat appealing. Until Leverage changes, it's a sandbag.

All Hunter abilities are also "meh" in my eyes. They're sandbag unless you're facing a BG using the designated faction(s). Declare Hunted is more immediately useful and would synergize with Declare Hunted on Garu Kodiak.

I suggest the following (as an alternative to my previous suggestion):

Path 1 = Forage | Hibernate | Omnivore
    Path 2 = Blitz | Declare Hunted | Protective
    Base = Attack: Physical | Detection 3
    (Default upgrades = Hibernate + Protective)

Woffleet and Karmavore like this.
  17. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Given I have more time since patch wont be until steam releaunch for some weird reason, I can actually fix some of these. I'll consider the Hunter changes for sure. I aslo feel on the fence about Boa. But that's what I came up with. So any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Fae Enchantress would be to expensive if range was kept. I don't know how to make her a viable 80+ unit with 30-40 hp.. Just dosent work in my eyes.. Reducing range/spd goes a long way in changing things up for her, and with her stealth I don't see dropping crystals as a problem.

Logistic flanking just makes more sense haha, less immediate/more thematic. But I do like the role he'll provide being one of the better range units in Garu. I really hope this one resonates with Gedden otherwise.. Not sure xD.

Not sure if multiple sources of foment is necessary considering units with foment, don't benefit.. Suites the Sunblossom well since she's mostly utility/rng

@Entrepidus What can I say, you had some good suggestions!
    While you disagree, can you provide some changes you'd like to see? So I can compare later on.

Anyone else have any ideas/thoughts on any of these changes? If so, please discuss!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
    Entrepidus and Woffleet like this.
  18. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

A collossal boa loses its ability named him? That makes no sense. I would keep colossal and get his hp to maybe 50..

19. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Nothing in this game is contingent on flavor.. You can't dictate a units abilities/kit based on Name/Lore/Art.. These are factors that very rarely are consistant enough to get actual results.. IMO.

20. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Well I wouldn't agree totally with that mate, I mean the lore is important to the concept of a champion and its abilities should suit that concept. I totally agree however that a strict name=ability line up is too simplified for mixing lore and game-play together.