My coffee tastes absolutely awful

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Boozha, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

What the hell, coffee machine.

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Needs a new filter.

3. Boozha

Ain't a filter machine. Maybe I need to clean it from the inside. Tastes sour as f***.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Couple years ago there was a roach nest inside my machine. The brew process was contained so it didnt affect the coffee at all but when the machine would heat up the shed carapices would start to cook and the whole room would smell for an hour. I had to take the whole thing apart, bleach every piece and rebuild to get rid of the smell.

5. Boozha

Sounds awful. Good thing we don't have roaches here. Silver fish, yeah, but those aren't really a match now, are they

6. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

I think the problem may be that you've been using Coffee in your drink, rather than something palatable.

7. Boozha

Cofeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Yeah, for real.

Some nice tea would do much better

9. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Agreed. Once winter rolls around, break out the warm stuff though. Nothing better then a cup of hot tea to wind down at the end of a long day in the cold.

10. Boozha

KOFFEH

11. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

Actually, its a widespread practice to drink hot tea to make yourself colder as well, and its scientifically proven to work. Weird uh?
    As an aside, as far as I can tell coffee has no effect on me, likely due to medication I'm taking, but I still have it. I think half of of ritual and half cus I like its taste :p

12. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

That may be true, but it feels much better having something hot in the winter and something cool in the summer. Ice cream, for example. You don't see people walking around with cups of soup or slices of pizza in the summer do you? No way; it's always ice cream cones.

13. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

That might be what we as westerners believe, but it just isn't like that elsewhere. (I believe primarily the middle east, possibly asia?).

Sort of like how the British supposedly like warm beer.

14. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Well, sure, but they're Godless heathens, so it's not like their opinion actually matters or anything.

Qucas, JazzMan1221 and DrakeArron like this.
  15. Oblitrix

Oblitrix The King of Potatoes

Coffee is nora

Qucas and Boozha like this.
  16. Comissar

</3

Qucas and SPiEkY like this.
  17. Boozha

qft

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

you mean you don't clean your machine regularly?

wait roaches markoth?

god damn you people are disgusting.

19. Boozha

I do clean it regularly. Which is part of why I'm sort of baffled by the sudden slump in quality.

Incidentally, the one I'm drinking right now is worse than usual, but no comparison to the hellish brew the machine handed me yesterday.

20. Comissar

Probably less coffee in it today.

Qucas and Geressen like this.