Blood bg

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by super71, Aug 22, 2015.

1. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

I considered drive too but the way I've been playing the bleed mix so far is by overwhelming my opponent. Bleed has a ton of really efficient champs now, and with your suggestion to run GWA, it can be pretty easy to dominate the early game with mass efficient deploys. The hp build makes her respectably bulky (59 hp with banner, 30 on the imp). With that Hp she's actually viable as a combat champ now, so I'd rather use her AP for beating the hell out of people than driving. I'm sure drive is viable, I just think the hp works better for my bg composition.

2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I took out pincushion and grundelwulf atm for angel of pain and pox renovators, I also use spellkaisers for now, might take out because of the hex nerf. I think the extra range and bloodseeker may improve this bg because I am running 2 rain of bloods, I need to test it though.

There are multiple ways to make a strong UD mixed bg now though. There are alot more competitive bg building paths now in st, is, fs, ud, and fw because of this patch.(not sure about the other factions)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  3. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Nooooooooo! ;)

4. Lupefi2

Lupefi2 Devotee of the Blood Owl

good!! Spirits deserved to be rekt.......

5. Lupefi2

Has anyone ran her with dictate? or i was honestly thinking of maybe running her with blood magic and the hp. 67 nora.....

6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Drive is a great ability but less so in a deck which runs a small number of relatively expensive melee champs. You can't often afford to use he in the way a dorf sergeant would be played.

7. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

Hey guys :) I havnt personally made this bg yet cause i cant afford it but i have made vamps.
    1 thing i would consider is making a blood magic bg. It is very easy to use with blood rain. It costs 1 AP and isnt part of the attack chain. It deals 8 dmg in a large aoe and heals the champs using it. Even without a proper bleed bg, my FW/UD Vamps often get effective blood magic uses. I just blood rain for damage and use the blood magic as an added bonus. If u are to make it i would go UD/FW for sure and run every single blood magic champion. The rest of your bg is really up in the air tho. There isnt much benefit to bleed tbh. Oooh u heal if u pick a blood ball big deal. It just isnt worth a theme.. Idk why they ever tried to make it a theme lol.

8. DrSteve

[​IMG]

Alright so who wants to help me fix my terrible spellset? Also, opinions on rain of blood? Someone sell me on the finer points of running rain of blood.

9. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Rain of blood is great - it is spot bleed, destealth, and spot damage

10. DrSteve

Yeah it's just more that I don't know if I ever need that. Like most of the time I feel superiority is way better at everything except applying bleed, and most of the time I don't have an issue applying bleed. The obvious main difference is that rain of blood is significantly cheaper. I'll swap out molten cloak for a rain and see if I like it.

11. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

Its probably 1 of the best spells UD has in my opinion. The fact that it causes charred means it goes through IS bonus and spell resistance. It has so much versatility. It makes blood magic actually usful. It can give u a damage boost. It can destealth. Overtime it can do 4+3+2+1=10dmg. And all that for 30 nora. The best part is its not uncommon for you to get ALL these desirable effects in 1 trigger. Ive had many times where i used the charred, the dmg boost, and the bleed effect in unison.

PS: Jeez u sure like spell damage. I run mainly utility ive never seen somone focus on damage so much.

12. DrSteve

I might cave and take out echoes, but that spell is so game winning in certain scenarios. I like running AoE in UD because sacrifice makes getting the nora you need for an AoE boardwipe so easy. The major problem with that is that I only have 1 superiority in the deck, which is the go to spell for said AoE boardwipes. As far as the bloodmagic thing goes I don't run a single champion with it so it ends up being a moot point for me. Still though, gonna give it a go because the value at 30 nora is undoubtedly good.

13. Lupefi2

You run no blood magic champs? in a bleed bg???

14. Styrwirld

Styrwirld The King of Potatoes

Im not a good player, a lose a lot, but when I ran her with Blood Magic and Dictate actually worked, so you should dictate a champ with Blood magic, Attack with a champ with Bleed, and use Blood magic with the bloodguard and the champ that was dictated, and you stay full HP with all the champs and +16 damage just for 1 ap for each champ.

I find Blood Magic Fantastic combined with all the other skills, I play 2x bloodgoyles and 2x Seeker of Blood and x2 Blood aborrent, so I usually use all the blood balls in the map, for damage with the aborrent
    or for mobility with the other 4 champs with relocate blood ball.

15. ItsQtotheT

ItsQtotheT The King of Potatoes

16. Xiven

Xiven I need me some PIE!