Discussion: Updating Public Decks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Discussion for: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/updating-public-decks.8637/

Etherielin, Kampel and Woffleet like this.
  2. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Purchase from "Training Match deck selection" does this just refer to paying 1K gold to use the deck? Are there any plans to make the decks actually purchasable with gold/cash?

3. Oldmaster

Oldmaster I need me some PIE!

I am very excited. I know i've mentioned it a bunch, but please make them purchasable for ownership at some point, not just for usage. Nice job, did not expect to see this so quickly.
    Edit: I also did not expect to see so many choices, or to be able to vote. Nice touch.

4. Senshu

There aren't any plans to make the Public Decks punchable in a way where you can edit them. We may in the future update the Starter Decks on the Marketplace which you can customize.

These decks are meant to show new players some of the potential deck designs as they earn Runes from playing Training and Skirmish Matches, so when they do have enough runes they have an idea of deck composition.

Anima26, Etherielin and Woffleet like this.
  5. iBlu

iBlu New Member

I belive that some a lot of the suggestions that were made for replacing current publick decks are some how hard to master for new players, I suggest you keep 2 kinds of publick deck one for newbies other for experienced players. I say this specially for the FW deck, almost all of them are really meta decks, most of the new players does not eaven know what meta means.

6. Oldmaster

Well, that's fair enough. I suppose we do still have the theme decks. Maybe they are enough to fill that role.

7. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Then please make sure you handpick the upgrades, default upgrades on all lvl3 public deck champs was pretty lame..
    And while we are at it, these upgrades should be viewable in the Public Decks tab in the mainpage. Like, the runes in the Public Deck overview should appear level 3, with correct upgrade selected and the other 3 greyed out.
    And not on topic, the race list in the checklist/forge is not alphabetically sorted fully like the rune manager one was made to be: pls fix

8. Senshu

All the upgrades are default upgrades just like they are on live. This is where some of the difficulty came regarding making sure they are all of similar power. These decks are what new player will be playing and what all of you will be using in Training matches. Unfortunately there isn't a system in place to set anything other than the default upgrades for the Public Decks.

The alphabetical shorting for checklist and forge are something we want to address, but it is a relatively low priority compared to the other things that need to be done.

9. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

:( x3

10. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Repeating this suggestion:

Here a suggestion on how to address the point that new players become frustrated when they encounter expensive battlegroups with their free battlegroups:

1. Take the battlegroup of the respective highest ranked full faction player for each faction.
    2. Make those obviously capable decks available as starter decks for a limited amount of time as a Steam Relaunch feature.
    3. Also make those decks available in the Market Place for those players who want to spend money on the game.

Oldmaster likes this.
  11. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I'm not convinced of this for starter decks, but it might be cool if the battlemaster's deck was viewable on the forums (perhaps with a link on the client) so players can see and talk about the best decks.

Anima26 likes this.
  12. Korahn2610

Korahn2610 New Member

I agree with badgerale that seeing the top decks would be a nice thing to have to be able to discuss what makes them tick and how to beat them.

Anima26 likes this.
  13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

So you're trying to balance the public decks among each other?

14. Psilokibes

Psilokibes Devotee of the Blood Owl

Well, the decks are chosen but when are you going to put them in the game?

I am a new player and i want to check some of them before focusing in one of the races.

And another question: Will be posible to purchase these decks for add their runes to our colection or they are only for training games?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  15. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Soontm - Gedden

16. Oldmaster

It will not be possible to purchase and edit them, unfortunately. Judging by the q and a, the thought is that purchasable, editable decks are no longer needed. Personally, I disagree with this mindset and decision, but it is what it is.

17. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Wtf, I totally missed the voting ...

18. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

lol, silly booz

19. LordRahan

LordRahan Devotee of the Blood Owl

Since voting is over now, when is the plan to make these new public decks live?

20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Unfortunately the public decks cycle is over and so we will have to leave it unfinished like we did with the balance cycle. We are entering uncharted territory with our new cycle: Popsicle Stick Crafts.

SPiEkY likes this.